AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Router Supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA Technology, with AiProtection Classic Network Security Powered by Trend Micro™
- Next-Gen Wi-Fi Standard - Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) standard supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultra-fast Wi-Fi Speed - RT-AX1800S supports 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency - Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously.
- 5 Gigabit ports - One Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN ports, 10X faster than 100–Base T Ethernet.
- Protection for Your Home Network - Aiprotection powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
Get Your Home Ready for Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current Wi-Fi standard. The latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster Wi-Fi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
* It requires 802.11ax-compatible devices to enjoy the benefits brought by Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) standard.
Next-Gen Wi-Fi Speed
RT-AX1800S is a 2x2 dual-band Wi-Fi router that provides 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX1800S is 1.5X faster than 802.11ac 2x2 dual-band routers.
* To benefit from Wi-Fi 6 features, the Wi-Fi client needs to be Wi-Fi 6 capable.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive Wi-Fi experience.
Better Battery Life for Your Devices
Target Wake Time (TWT) allows RT-AX1800S to schedule designated intervals for devices to transmit data. This allows them to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal, reducing power consumption by up to 7X for significantly improved battery life*.
Wi-Fi that Goes Farther
With the latest Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) standard featuring OFDMA technology, RT-AX1800S provides increased Wi-Fi signal range and better coverage by dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. These sub-channels have a smaller bandwidth that enables them to travel up to 80% farther1, resulting in a better Wi-Fi connection throughout your home*.
Protection for Your Home Network
RT-AX1800S incorporates ASUS AiProtection, a commercial-grade network security system powered by Trend Micro™ Smart Home Network. With AiProtection, all connected devices are protected, even if they have no antivirus capability of their own — such as IoT devices. AiProtection blocks common internet-based attacks before they reach the network, and if an infected device is detected on the network, AiProtection instantly blocks it to prevent it sending any personal information to malicious servers.
RT-AX1800S has one Gigabit WAN port, 4 Gigabit LAN ports. Smart TV, game consoles, NAS storage devices, backup internet and more can now have their own dedicated ports, making RT-AX1800S your solid digital home hub.
Robust control and optimization with ASUSWRT
With the ASUSWRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor, and control network applications all in one intuitive area. With fast setup, multi-device detection, and flexible settings, ASUSWRT makes the most of your network performance.
* Actual data throughput and Wi-Fi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
|Product||RT-AX1800S Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Gaming Router|
|Network Standard||IEEE 802.11a
Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
|Product Segment||AX1800 ultimate AX performance: 1201 Mbps+ 574 Mbps|
|Operating Frequency||2.4GHz / 5GHz|
|Transmit/Receive||2.4 GHz 2 x 2
5 GHz 2 x 2
|Processor||Dual-core processor (4 VPE)|
|Ethernet Ports||1x RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for WAN
4x RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN
|Wi-Fi Technology||OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access)
Beamforming: standard-based and universal
1024-QAM high data rate
20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
|Antennas||4 x External antennas|
|WAN Connection Type||Internet connection type: PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, Automatic IP, Static IP|
|Buttons||WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button|
|LED Indicators||1x Power
1x 2.5G Port
1x 5G Port
|Power Supply||Power adapter|
|Input||110-240 VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Output||DC 12V, with max. 1.5A current|
|Max. Power Consumption||N/A|
- Asus RT-AX1800S AX1800 Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Gaming Router
- Power Adapter
- RJ45 Ethernet Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card