WD Purple™ Pro Surveillance 14TB Hard Drive
Advanced Storage for Smart Video Solutions
WD Purple™ Pro drives are designed for advanced AI-enabled recorders, video analytics servers and deep learning solutions requiring additional capacity, performance and workload capability.
- Engineered with advanced capabilities needed for high-end smart video solutions.
- High performance, reliability and workload capability for advanced AI-enabled recorders, video analytics appliances, deep-learning servers and cloud-based storage, including RAID and JBOD configurations.
- Supports up to 550 TB/yr workload rate*.
- Designed with tarnish-resistant components for harsh environments, and with additional robustness for multi-bay enclosures.
Storage for Advanced Smart Video Solutions
WD Purple™ Pro drives are designed for new generations of high-end AI-enabled recorders, video analytics appliances, deep-learning servers and cloud solutions that can benefit from high-capacity storage with high performance and additional workload capability. WD Purple Pro drives feature AllFrame™ AI technology, which helps reduce frame loss, improve overall video playback, and not only enables recording of multiple streams per camera but also supports up to 32 AI streams per drive for deep learning analytics within the system. WD Purple Pro drives also feature enterprise-class performance, data integrity and drive reliability, especially in larger-scale systems and enclosures where operational vibration is present.
Empower Your Smart Video Solution
Western Digital is a worldwide leader in the hard drive industry. With WD Purple™ Pro smart video storage, you have a drive engineered for high performance, durability and workload capability for advanced always-on AI-enabled smart video recorders, appliances, and servers. Efficiently and effectively extract value and insights from streamed and stored video, and help deliver a smarter world with advanced WD Purple Pro smart video storage.
Western Digital's Exclusive AllFrame™ AI Technology
All WD Purple™ Pro drives are equipped with AllFrame AI technology, which not only improves ATA streaming to help reduce frame loss and improve overall video playback, but supports up to 32 AI streams for Deep Learning analytics within the system.
Multiple Cameras, Multiple Streams
Modern recorders now support multiple video streams per camera. WD Purple™ Pro drives are optimized to support up to 64 HD single-stream cameras4, and can also support many of the latest smart cameras that transmit multiple streams. With this flexibility, you can upgrade or scale your security or smart video solution in the future.
Advanced Workload Capability for Advanced Systems
WD Purple™ Pro drives feature a workload rating up to 550TB/year2 to support the heavy video data capture and analysis found in advanced AI-enabled recorders, video analytics appliances, deep learning analytics servers and cloud-based storage. The combination of streaming optimizations and enhanced durability and reliability make WD Purple Pro smart video storage ideal for all analytics servers, whether processing video streamed directly from cameras or large-scale captured video data sets.
Designed for Reliable Operation in Advanced High-performance Smart Video Solutions
With an MTBF of up to 2.5 million hours3 (12TB, 14TB, and 18TB1), WD Purple™ Pro drives are engineered for advanced smart video solutions that operate 24/7. With tarnish-resistant components and full multi-bay support, WD Purple Pro drives deliver reliable operation in large scale surveillance systems even in harsh environments.
Field-proven High Capacity
Now on its 6th generation, field-proven HelioSeal™ technology delivers trusted high-capacity WD Purple™ Pro hard drives (12TB, 14TB and 18TB1) for the massive storage needs of AI-driven smart video and deep learning analytics.
Proactive Storage Management with WDDA Western Digital Device Analytics™ (WDDA) provides a wealth of storage device parametric operational and diagnostic data to compatible systems; algorithms interpret the data and direct the system to alert system administrators of specific recommended actions to address potential issues. WDDA is intended to empower OEMs, system integrators, and IT professionals to better monitor and proactively manage supported storage devices to maintain optimal operation. Learn More
Five Year Limited Warranty
As an industry-leading hard drive manufacturer, Western Digital stands behind WD Purple™ Pro smart video storage with a 5-year limited warranty.
|Make and Model||WD Purple™ Pro Surveillance Hard Drive|
|Cache Size||512 MB|
|Interface||SATA III, 6 GB/s|
|Disk Speed (RPM)||7200rpm|
|Transfer Rate||Up to 255 MB/s|
|Power Management||Read/Write: 6.0W
|Temperature||Operating: 0 to 65°C
Storage: -40 to 70°C
|Dimensions||147 x 101.6 x 26.1mm|
|Weight||0.69kg (1.52 lb.)|
- As used for storage capacity, 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment.
- Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- Projected values. When final, MTBF and AFR specifications will be based on a sample population and are estimated by statistical measurements and acceleration algorithms under typical operating conditions, workload of 220TB/year and drive temperature of 40°C. Derating of MTBF and AFR will occur above these parameters, up to 550TB writes per year and 65°C drive temperature. MTBF and AFR ratings do not predict an individual drive’s reliability and do not constitute a warranty.
- Single stream per camera @ 3.2Mbps (1080p, H.265, 25 fps). Results may vary depending on camera resolution, file format, frames per second, software, system settings, video quality, and other factors.