SkyHawk™ AI Surveillance Hard Drives – Smart, Safe, Secure. AI-Optimized Surveillance Hard Drives
Surveillance-Optimized Storage. Seagate SkyHawk™ AI is the world's first, purpose-built drive for artificial intelligence (AI) - enabled surveillance solutions. Key Advantages ImagePerfect™ AI firmware for superior image integrity alongside additional AI workload support in always-on, AI-enabled surveillance systems. Custom designed to support an additional 32 AI streams while simultaneously and flawlessly recording footage up to 64 HD cameras. Designed and built to handle heavy surveillance workloads in traditional video recording and in advanced video analytics environments.
- Perfect for AI-surveillance NVR
- ImagePerfect™ firmware delivers zero dropped frames while supporting heavier workloads.
- Versatile capabilities intelligently adapt to the scale of your AI environment, supporting up to 64 HD video streams and 32 AI stream.
- SkyHawk Health Management actively helps protect your surveillance storage by focusing on prevention, intervention, and recovery options.1 Included RAID RapidRebuild™ provides 3x faster volume rebuilds
- Higher reliability with 2M hours MTBF and a 550TB/year workload rate for more than 3x that of standard surveillance hard drives.
- Powerful processing to welcome workload challenges - SkyHawk AI supports video analysis and recording simultaneously with GPU analytics workloads.
- Enjoy consistent performance with built-in rotational vibration sensors providing reliable storage for NAS with little lag or downtime.
- Multi-bay support helps you meet your growing storage demands with up to 16+bays.
See More. Store More.
Optimized for DVRs and NVRs, SkyHawk™ surveillance drives are tuned for 24x7 workloads in capacities up to 18TB. Equipped with enhanced ImagePerfect™ firmware, SkyHawk™ helps to minimize dropped frames and downtime with a workload rating 3x that of a desktop drive and IS ready to record up to 90% of the time while supporting up to 64 HD cameras.
Your Data Deserves the Guardian Series
Market leader in surveillance storage. Seagate has dominated the data storage industry for 40 years because we understand your unique data storage challenges. We crafted SkyHawk™ AI 18TB surveillance hard drives to help you achieve your goals.
SkyHawk Is Smart
The innovative ImagePerfect™ firmware enables smooth, clear video streaming for always-on, 24/7 surveillance environments - helping to ensure your business can always have a formidable layer of protection.
SkyHawk AI is Designed for AI Surveillance
- Supports up to 64 HD cameras and 32 additional AI streams1
- Now offering capacities up to 18TB
- Delivers zero dropped frames with ImagePerfect AI
- Enterprise-class workload rates at 550TB/yr for high reliability
1. 32 AI streams = 16 AI channels.
24x7 Clear Streaming Smart Surveillance
SkyHawk's innovative ImagePerfect™ and ImagePerfect AI firmware are the clearest choices in the industry. Watch a video that explains how ImagePerfect firmware enables better performance in surveillance environments.
Rescue Services & Drive Health Included
Manage drive health. Video data is increasingly becoming more important within video surveillance applications. To better protect that data and provide peace of mind, Seagate is including three years of their industry-leading Rescue Data Recovery Services.
Data is important, and Rescue Data Recovery Services provide peace of mind in case of unexpected or accidental data corruption and drive damage. This service gives you access to a global team of world-class data recovery experts and has a 95% customer satisfaction rating. SkyHawk Health Management (SHM) drive monitoring software is designed for prevention, intervention, and recovery. It is available on standard SkyHawk and SkyHawk AI surveillance hard drives.
Rescue Data Recovery Services - We've Got Your Back
When the unexpected happens - like water damage or natural disaster - Rescue Services help you defend against data loss and retrieval costs so you can rest easier.*
* Not available in all countries.
|Form Factor||3.5" HDD|
|Max Sustained Data Transfer Rate OD Read||260 MB/s|
|Heads / Discs||18 / 9|
|Reliability / Data Integrity|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours (per year)||8,760|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||550 TB/year|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||2 million hours|
|Rescue Service Available||Yes|
|Contact Start/Stop Cycles||N/A|
|Power Consumption||Startup Current, Typical (12V, A): 2.0
Operating Mode, Average: 8W
Idle Average: 5.3W
Standby Mode: 1.3W
Sleep Mode: 1.3W
|Voltage Tolerance (5V)||±5%|
|Voltage Tolerance (12V)||±10%|
|Temperature||Operating (ambient, min.): 0 °C
Operating (drive case, max.): 60 °C
Non-operating (ambient, min.): -40 °C
|Shock, Operating/Nonoperating: 2ms (max, Gs)||50 Gs|
|Acoustics (Idle / Operating)||200 Gs|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.01" x 1.03" x 5.79" (101.85 x 26.11 x 146.99 mm)|
|Weight||670g (1.48 lbs)|
- Events can be human, vehicle, or object capture.
- Tested and verified using embedded AI NVR – 64-ch HD recording, 16-ch PB. Average picture size ~250 KB.
- 1080P, H.265, 25 fps.
- SkyHawk AI surveillance drives are designed for always-on workloads of 550TB/year. For higher transaction workloads, see Seagate’s enterprise-class drive offerings.
- Extended warranty options available. Consult your distributor for details.
- Seagate does not recommend operating at sustained extreme temperatures. Operating at higher temperatures will reduce useful life of the product.