WD RED™ Plus: The NAS Drive For Your Network Attached Drive Array
Tackle Intensity with WD Red™ Plus
Packed with power to handle the small- to medium-sized business NAS environments and increased workloads for SOHO customers, WD Red™ Plus is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on systems using ZFS and other file systems. Built and tested for up to 8-bay NAS systems, these drives give you the flexibility, versatility, and confidence in storing and sharing your precious home and work files.
- Available in capacities ranging from 1-14TB with support for up to 8 bays
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate
- NASware™ firmware for compatibility
- Vibration & Shock protection
- Small or medium business NAS systems in a 24x7 environment
- 3-year limited warranty
For Small or Medium Businesses
Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content with a NAS and WD Red™ Plus drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices at your home or business. NASware™ 3.0 technology increases your drives' compatibility with your existing network and devices. For larger businesses with up to 24 bays, count on WD Red™ Pro drives to deliver exceptional performance.
Exclusive NASware 3.0 Technology
Not just any drive will do. Get up to 112TB of capacity in your 8-bay NAS system and with Western Digital's exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, you can optimize each and every drive. Built into every WD Red™ Plus hard drive, NASware 3.0's advanced technology improves storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for Optimum NAS Compatibility
WD Red™ Plus drives with NASware™ technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. Optimized for NAS systems, our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red™ Plus drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don't take our word for it. WD Red™ Plus drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing.
3D Active Balance Plus
Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red™ Plus drive is engineered to tackle 24x7 environments.
Premium Support and a 3-year Limited Warranty
Confidently upgrade your NAS performance with the assurance of a 3-year limited warranty, coupled with world-class support services included with every WD Red™ Plus drive.
Desktop Drives vs. WD Red™ Plus
Do right by your NAS and choose the drive purpose-built for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Unlike desktop drives, these drives are specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems for optimum performance.
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one, and desktop drives aren't typically designed and tested under those conditions like WD Red™ Plus drives are.
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red™ Plus NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system.
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red™ Plus drives are designed to thrive in multi-bay NAS system environments.
|Make and Model||Western Digital Red Plus™ NAS HDD, 2TB|
|Buffer Size||128MB cache|
|Interface||CMR, SATA III, 6Gb/s|
|Rotational Speed||5,400 RPM class|
|Interface Speed||6 Gb/s|
|Interface Transfer Rate||175 MB/s|
|Non-recoverable Errors Per Bits Read||<10 in 1014|
|Workload Rate||180 TB/year|
|Temperature||Operating: 0° ~ 65° C
Non-operating: -40° ~ 70° C
|Shock||Operating: 70Gs (2ms, read/write)
Non-operating: 300G (2ms)
Standby / Sleep: 0.4W
|Dimensions (WxHxL)||101.6 x 26.1 x 147 mm (4" x 1.03" x 5.79")|
|Weight||1.26 lb. (0.57kg)|
- Not all products may be available in all regions of the world.
- As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment. Memory capacity for buffer or cache is indicated in mebibytes (MiB) and one MiB is equal to 1,048,576 bytes. As used for transfer rate or interface, 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Effective maximum SATA 6 Gb/s transfer rate calculated according to the Serial ATA specification published by the SATA-IO organization as of the date of this specification sheet. Visit www.sata-io.org for details. Performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
- WD hard drive products manufactured and sold worldwide after June 8, 2011, meet or exceed Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliance requirements as mandated by the RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
- Controlled unload at ambient condition.
- MTBF specifications are based upon internal testing using a 40°C base casting temperature. MTBF is based on a sample population and is estimated by statistical measurements and acceleration algorithms. MTBF does not predict an individual drive’s reliability and does not constitute a warranty.
- Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred X (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- See support.wdc.com/warranty for regionally specific warranty details.
- Power measurements at room-ambient temperature.
- Actual spindle motor rotational speed for this model is 7200 RPM; although ID Device may report 5400 to reflect previous Performance Class designation.