SSD 980 PRO – Unstoppable Speed
Built using their V-NAND 3-bit MLC flash technology and Elpis controller, the 2TB 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD from Samsung offers an M.2 2280 form factor and a PCIe 4.0 x4 / NVMe 1.3 interface to deliver sequential read speeds of up to 7000 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 5100 MB/s. Users will also have access to encryption via TCG/Opal 2.0 and MS eDrive, while a TBW (Total Bytes Written) rating of 600TB helps ensure a long operational life.
- 2TB storage
- Space-saving and compact M.2 2280 form factor
- Genuine PCIe 4.0 NVMe speed (up to 7,000MB/s Seq. reads; 5,100MB/s Seq. writes)
* Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration.
Next-Level SSD Performance
Unleash the power of the Samsung PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 980 PRO for your next-level computing. Leveraging the PCIe 4.0 interface, the 980 PRO delivers double the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0 while being backward compatible for PCIe 3.0 for added versatility.
Powered by Samsung custom Elpis Controller for PCIe 4.0 SSD, the 980 PRO is optimized for speed. It delivers read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s, making it 2 times faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12.7 times faster than SATA SSDs. The 980 PRO achieves max speeds on PCIe 4.0 and may vary in other environments.
* Performance may vary depending on the SSD's firmware version and the system hardware & system configuration. Performance measurements are based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are: up to 500 MB/s(250GB), 1,000 MB/s(500GB) and 2,000 MB/s(1TB).
* Test system configuration: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor CPU@3.79GHz, DDR4 2666MHz 16GBx2, OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset-ASUS-X570-ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA.
* Results are based on a comparison with Samsung PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSDs and SATA SSDs.
* To maximize the performance of the 980 PRO, please check whether your system supports PCIe 4.0 at the Intel or AMD website.
A Winning Combination
Designed with hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users in mind, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. It's fast at loading games so you can play more and wait less.
Efficient M.2 SSD
The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, which can be easily plugged into desktops and laptops for maximum board design flexibility. The drive is suitable for building high-performance computing systems due to its optimized power efficiency.
Reliable Thermal Control
High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller's heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
Smart Thermal Solution
Embedded with Samsung's cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, the 980 PRO manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance. To minimize performance fluctuations in the long haul, Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard technology maintains the 980 PRO's temperature at optimal levels.
Samsung Magician Software
Unlock the full power of the 980 PRO with Samsung Magician's intuitive yet advanced optimization tools. Monitor drive health, optimize performance, protect valuable data, and receive important updates with Magician to ensure you're always getting the best performance out of your SSD.
World's No. 1 Flash Memory
Experience superior performance and reliability that you can only get from the world's number one brand for flash memory since 2003. All firmware and components, including Samsung's world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust.
* Source: 2003-2019 IHS Markit data: NAND suppliers' revenue market share.
|Make and Model||Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 2TB|
Formatted capacity is less due to O/S formatting, partitioning, applications, etc.
|Form Factor||M.2 (2280)|
|Interface||PCIe Gen 4.0 x 4
|AES Encryption||AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)
TCG Opal v2.0
Encrypted drive (IEEE1667)
|Garbage Collection||Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm|
|MTBF||1.5 Million Hours|
|Endurance||Total Bytes Written: 600TB Written|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 70° C|
|Security||AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption,
TCG/Opal V2.0, Encrypted Drive
Average: 6.2W Typical
Maximum: 8.9W (Burst Mode)
|Voltage||3.3V ± 5 % Allowable voltage|
|Compatibility||980 PRO is backward compatible
with PCIe 3.0. Sequential
performances (up to): 3500MB/s
for reads, 3470MB/s (2TB) for
writes. Random (up to): 680K
IOPS (2TB) for reads, 630K IOPS
(2TB) for writes.
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 mm|