WD Black SN850 NVMe SSDs – Irrationally Fast. Impossibly Real.
Long load times are obsolete with next-gen PCIe Gen4 technology. Arm your system with RGB lighting, an optional heatsink model, and up to 500GB capacity.
- Next-gen PCIe Gen4 technology optimized for top-tier gaming (not intended for NAS or server environments)
- Downloadable WD_BLACK™ Dashboard software to customize and control your gaming experience
- Compact form factor design for easy connectivity
- Optimized for top-tier gaming
- Available in capacities ranging from 500GB to 2TB
- 5-year Manufacturer warranty
Experience Supreme Performance
Prepare for the next evolution of speed with the WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe SSD, giving you supreme PCIe Gen4 technology for your PC or laptop so you don't lag out on the next generation of games.
Speed Skills. This Decimates.
You asked for fast, we overdelivered. The WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe SSD reaches irrational 7000MB/s read speed and 4100MB/s write speed2 to get you in quicker, with up to 810,000 IOPS for a smooth, responsive and powerful gaming experience.3
Light Up Your Station with RGB
Enhance your gaming station with fully customizable RGB lighting controlled through the downloadable WD_BLACK™ Dashboard (Windows® only), designed to match your style.4
Store More, Play More
With up to 500GB capacity, the WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe SSD gives you the space to store your favorite games so you still have room for the next big title.
Optimized with the WD_BLACK™ Dashboard
Take total control with the downloadable WD_BLACK™ Dashboard, allowing you to monitor the health of your drive and optimize performance using gaming mode to ensure you're firing on all cylinders during intense gaming sessions.
Performance Packed Tight
Designed with an M.2 2280 slim, light, and compact form factor to easily slide into your gaming rig.
Made to Game
Engineered and built with Western Digital 3D NAND to give you the reliability and endurance needed to sustain pro-level performance.
|Make and Model||Western Digital Black SN850 NVMe M.2 SSD|
|Sequential Bandwidth||Read: up to 7,000MB/s
Write: up to 4,100MB/s
|Random IOPS||Reads: up to 810,000 IOPS
Writes: up to 680,000 IOPS
|Interface||PCIe Gen4 x 4|
|Form Factor||M.2 2280|
|MTBF||1.75 Million Hours|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 70° C
Non-Operating: -55 ~ 85° C
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||80.0 x 22.0 x 2.38 mm|
- As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- As used for transfer rate, 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
- IOPS = input/output operations per second. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- Customization supported on Windows® only.