TS-451D2 Dual-core NAS with High-efficiency File Management, Data Protection and HDMI Output
The 4-bay TS-451D2 provides high storage potential for home and small business users to store, share, and back up files. Business users can leverage its dual-core Intel processor to enable seamless multi-user on-premises/remote access to work files, while home users can enjoy a high-quality multimedia experience with both streaming and direct 4K HDMI 2.0 output. Cloud Storage Gateways allow you to leverage your existing cloud storage to deploy a hybrid-cloud solution, while a built-in App Center provides a wide range of applications to add additional functionality to the TS-451D2.
- Snapshots fully record the system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore previously-recorded data.
- HBS provides comprehensive backup and data recovery; QuDedup deduplicates data at the source to reduce storage usage, bandwidth usage, and backup time.
- 4K media playback and real-time transcoding; directly watch videos on a TV via HDMI output or streaming app.
- Cloud storage gateways leverage cloud services to realize hybrid cloud structure and ensure low-latency access to clouds.
- Host virtual machines and containers to run various applications on the TS-451D2.
- A secure private cloud that supports account protection, IP blocking, 2-step verification, encryption, and more.
Dual-core 2.0 GHz (burst up to 2.9 GHz) with AES-NI Encryption Acceleration
The TS-451D2 is powered by an Intel® Celeron® J4025 dual-core 2.0 GHz processor (burst up to 2.9 GHz), supports up to 8 GB DDR4 memory, and is compatible with SATA 6 Gb/s drives. With Intel® AES-NI encryption, the TS-451D2 secures data without impacting performance. The TS-451D2 also features four USB 3.2 Gen1 ports (including one USB one-touch copy button) and two Gigabit Ethernet ports for greater connectivity to help streamline your workflows.
A Secure Backup Center with Snapshot Protection
Windows® and Mac® Backup - Use the license-free QNAP NetBak Replicator utility to back up and restore files from Windows® computers. Time Machine® is supported for backing up Mac® computers.
Learn more: Data backup and disaster recovery
Snapshots for Volume & LUN - Snapshots are essential for NAS data protection, and their block-level feature makes it a dependable data protection method in the face of growing ransomware threats.
Multi-point File Backup, Access, and Sync
The TS-451D2 centrally stores data and files, and supports common file sharing protocols, including SMB/CIFS, AFP and NFS for Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® devices. Coupled with Qsync (a utility that transforms a QNAP NAS into a secure, high-capacity data center for file synchronization), any file uploaded to the TS-451D2 becomes available for all connected devices (such as computers, laptops, and mobile devices). Hybrid Backup Sync helps you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-451D2 to another QNAP NAS, remote servers, or cloud storage for disaster recovery. Additionally, QuDedup technology greatly improves the efficiency of multi-version backup to the destination storage, while optimizing storage utilization. You can install the QuDedup Extract Tool on your computer and restore deduplicated files to their normal status.
Seamless Integration with Cloud Data
The TS-451D2 can be easily integrated with mainstream cloud services. By deploying cloud storage gateways and enabling local caching on the TS-451D2, you can seamlessly use the cloud for storage, backup, and data recovery with low-latency access, providing an innovative hybrid cloud experience.
Learn more: QNAP cloud storage gateways
Directly Host Virtual Machines and Containers
Virtualization Station and Container Station provide comprehensive virtualization support, and the Network & Virtual Switch allows you to allocate physical network resources to virtual machines, containers, and the NAS to simplify network deployment.
Virtualization Station - Run Windows®, Linux®, UNIX®, and Android™ virtual machines and access them via a web browser or Virtual Network Computing (VNC).
Container Station - Experience LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies, download apps from the built-in Docker Hub Registry®, import and export containers, and create abundant microservices.
Easy and Secure Remote Connection with myQNAPcloud
myQNAPcloud allows you to remain connected to your TS-451D2 using a unique domain name. No complex routing or configuration is required, and myQNAPcloud strengthens SSL Certificate keys to 2048-bits to enable secure remote access, management, and sharing files and services on your TS-451D2.
Learn more: myQNAPcloud service
Safeguard Your Environment with QVR Pro
QVR Pro is a modern NAS-based surveillance solution that simplifies camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view, and playback. Dedicated storage space for surveillance data can be configured on the TS-451D2 to optimize system performance, and surveillance feeds can be monitored at any time using the QVR Pro Client mobile app. Budget-constrained users can even use USB webcams as network cameras by using QVR Pro with the QUSBCam2 app.
Extend Your Hardware Warranty up to 5 Years
The TS-451D2 comes with a 2-year warranty as standard, with the option to purchase a warranty extension for up to 5 years coverage.
Learn more: QNAP warranty services
- Operating System: QTS (embedded Linux)
- Supported Client OS:
- Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016, 2019
- Apple Mac OS 10.10 or later
- Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7, RHEL 6.6, SUSE 12 or later Linux
- IBM AIX 7, Solaris 10 or later UNIX
- Supported Browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome
|Operating System||Embedded Linux|
|Processor||Intel® Celeron® J4025 Dual-core 2.0GHz processor (Burst up to 2.9GHz)|
|System Memory||4GB SO-DIMM DDR4 (1x 4GB)|
|Maximum Memory||8GB (2x 4GB)|
|Memory Slots||2x SODIMM DDR4 slots|
|Flash Memory||4GB (Dual boot OS protection)|
|Hard Drive Tray||4 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s|
|Drive Compatibility||3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|File System||Internal Hard Drive: EXT4
External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, and exFAT*
(* To use exFat you must purchase an exFAT driver license from License Center.)
|USB Ports||4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports|
|LAN Ports||2 x Gigabit LAN ports|
|HDMI Output||1 x HDMI v2.0 port|
|Buttons||Power, Reset, USB Copy|
|LED Indicators||Power/Status, LAN, USB, HDD1-4|
|Power Supply||90W External power adapter, 100-240V|
|Power Consumption (W)||HDD sleep mode: 21.3W
In operation: 31.5W (typical)
|Power Management||- Wake on LAN
- Standby mode for internal drives
- Scheduled power on/off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Security||- Network access protection with auto-blocking (SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, and AFP)
- Host access control for shared folders (CIFS/SMB)
- AES 256-bit folder-based and volume-based encryptions which are validated by FIPS 140-2 CAVP (Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program)
- 256-bit external drive encryption (AES)
- Importing of SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt
- Instant alerts through email, SMS, push service, audio
- 2-step verification
|Access Right Management||- Multiple user creation
- User data importing and exporting
- User quota management
- Local user access control (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and WebDAV)
- Application access control (File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station)
- Subfolder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
|Domain Authentication Integration||- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and domain controller support
- LDAP server and client
- Domain user login (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
|Cooling||1x 120mm internal system fans, 12V DC|
|Sound Level||18.5 dB(A)|
|Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing|
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||160 x 165.3 x 219.4 mm|
- QNAP TS-451D2-4G-US 4-Bay NAS w/ 4GB RAM
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- 16 x Flat Head Screws (For 3.5" HDD)
- 12 x Flat Head Screws (For 2.5" HDD)
- 2 x Drive Tray Keys
- Quick Installation Guide