TS-653D – Quad-core 2.5GbE NAS for Professionals, Supporting PCIe Expansion for 10 Gbps or M.2 SSDs to Accelerate Applications
The new-gen Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) trend has driven higher bandwidth demands for wired and wireless network connections. By integrating Intel® Celeron® J4125 quad-core 2.0 GHz processor and 2.5GbE connectivity, the TS-653D not only provides modern businesses an excellent NAS solution to upgrade to 2.5GbE environments for productive daily backup/restore tasks, but also provides gamers with ample storage for their vast game collections. Up to 5 Gbps transfer speeds can be made by setting port trunking with the two built-in 2.5GbE ports. The TS-653D also supports PCIe expansion, multi-cloud backup, cloud storage gateways, 4K HDMI output and real-time transcoding, alongside expandable storage capacity and feature-rich apps to perform as a cost-efficient, reliable 2.5GbE NAS.
- Dual 2.5GbE ports accelerates file sharing across teams and devices or gaming storage applications.
- PCIe expansion allows for a Multi-Gig 10GbE or 5GbE network card, or a QM2 card to add M.2 NVMe or SATA SSDs for caching.
- 4K media playback and real-time transcoding; directly watch videos on an HDTV via HDMI 2.0 (4K @60Hz) output.
- HBS provides comprehensive backup and data recovery; QuDedup deduplicates the data at the source to reduce storage space usage, bandwidth usage, and backup time.
- Cloud storage gateways realize hybrid cloud applications by working with the cache space reserved on NAS to ensure low-latency data access to the cloud.
- Hosts multiple virtual machines and containers to execute different applications in one NAS device.
Upgrade Your NAS to 2.5GbE Networks
The TS-653D comes with two 2.5GbE RJ45 LAN ports that allow you to use existing CAT5e cables to upgrade network speeds from 1 Gigabit to 2.5 Gigabit. The dual 2.5GbE ports also support Port Trunking for up to 5 Gbps! By using QNAP's N-BASET/Multi-Gig USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5GbE adapter (Model name QNA-UC5G1T) or 5GbE PCIe expansion card (Model name QXG-5G1T-111C), your laptop or desktop computer can easily connect to 2.5GbE networks with the TS-653D to benefit from higher network speeds.
Learn more: QNAP 2.5GbE solutions
Transform Your Network with a Wallet-friendly 2.5GbE Switch
Upgrading your network shouldn't break the bank, and 2.5GbE connectivity provides immediately noticeable improvements compared to standard 1GbE. The QSW-1105-5T is an unmanaged switch with five 2.5GbE ports (backwards compatible with 1G/100M) and supports CAT5e cables to connect multiple computers and NAS. The QSW-1105-5T is energy-saving, low-noise, plug-and-use, and supports loop detection and blocking to provide a simple and effective high-speed network environment.
Learn more: QSW-1105-5T
Quad-core 2.0GHz (Burst up to 2.7GHz) with up to 8GB Memory
The TS-653D is powered by an Intel® Celeron® J4125 quad-core 2.0 GHz processor (bursts up to 2.7 GHz), features up to 8 GB DDR4 memory, and supports SATA 6 Gb/s drives. The support of Intel® AES-NI encryption engine boosts encryption performance while also maintaining the security of your NAS data. You can flexibly install SSDs for cache acceleration to maximize network and storage performance for data-intensive applications.
A Secure Data Center for Backing Up Device Data with Snapshot Protection
- Windows® and Mac® backup: Use the license-free QNAP NetBak Replicator utility to back up and restore files from Windows® computers. Apple's Time Machine® is supported for backing up Mac® computers.
- Snapshots for Volume & LUN: Snapshots are essential for NAS data protection, and their block-level feature makes it a dependable data protection method in the face of growing ransomware threats. The TS-653D supports up to 256 snapshots per volume/LUN, and up to 1,024 snapshots per NAS.
One 2.5GbE is Better Than Two 1GbE for Increasing HBS Backup Efficiency
With a single 2.5GbE connection, no complex link aggregation settings are required for speeds up to 312.5MB/s - easily beating a paired 1GbE connection. The TS-653D has two 2.5GbE ports, further doubling performance and increasing efficiency for versatile tasks.
Hybrid Backup Sync (HBS) consolidates backup and synchronization functions for easily transferring data from the TS-653D to local, remote and cloud storage spaces. HBS also supports QuDedup technology which removes duplicated data at the source, further accelerating backup and restoration tasks over 2.5GbE connections.
Abundant I/O Capability with PCIe Expansion
The TS-653D features one PCIe 2.0 slot that allows for various expansion cards for expanding application potential.
SSD Caching and Auto-tiering Enable 24/7 Optimized Storage Efficiency
While SSD prices continue to fall, and SSD capacity and performance continue to increase, organizations can easily take advantage of SSD strengths. The TS-653D supports numerous SSD-aware features that significantly maximize NAS performance with high cost-effectiveness.
Learn more: QNAP's SSD technology
Ultimate Visual Experience with 4K HDMI Display and Real-time Video Streaming
The TS-653D has an HDMI 2.0 port that supports 4K (4096 x 2160) 60Hz output, allowing you to directly view multimedia content saved on the NAS on a bigger screen. The support of high-quality 4K video transcoding enables the NAS to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played on multiple devices. The TS-653D also can stream videos through DLNA®, Chromecast™, and more to satisfy versatile multimedia application needs. The QNAP RM-IR004 remote control (sold separately) can be configured using QButton to customize individual button actions, providing a more user-friendly NAS experience.
Note: The TS-653D's hardware provides hardware decoding, encoding, and transcoding capabilities. However, playback quality may vary due to factors including playback software, file formats, system usage, and available bandwidth.
Build a Plex Media Server
By installing Plex® Media Server from App Center, setting up the Plex® Media Server on your NAS is only a few minutes away. You can stream media files stored on the TS-653D to mobiles and media streaming devices (including DLNA®, Roku®, Amazon Fire TV® and Google Chromecast™).
Learn more: Plex Media Server
Move Business Data to the Cloud Flexibly and Economically
The TS-653D perfectly integrates NAS with mainstream cloud services. By deploying cloud storage gateways and enabling local caching on the NAS, you can seamlessly use the cloud for storage, backup, and data recovery with low-latency access, providing an innovative hybrid cloud experience.
Learn more: QNAP cloud storage gateways
All-in-one Server to Host Virtual Machines and Containers
Regardless of your virtualization needs, you can count on Virtualization Station and Container Station for complete virtualization support. You can use Network & Virtual Switch to allocate adequate physical network resources to virtual machines, containers, and the NAS to simplify network deployment.
Optimized Collaboration with Seamless File Sharing and Sync
The TS-653D centrally stores data and files, and supports SMB/CIFS, AFP and NFS protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® networks. Coupled with the Qsync utility, any file uploaded to the TS-653D will be made available for all linked devices (such as computers, laptops and mobiles). You can sync shared folders and team folders for group file sharing to enhance the flexibility of team projects and collaboration. With the myQNAPcloud service, you can easily and securely connect to the TS-653D via the Internet for accessing, managing, and sharing NAS files. The Windows AD® and LDAP services enable system administrators to configure user permissions by using an existing Windows AD® server, LDAP server, or the TS-653D's built-in LDAP service.
Secure Your Premises with Integrated Surveillance Solutions
QVR Pro allows you to arrange a dedicated, independent storage space for surveillance data on the TS-653D and leverage the advantages of scalable NAS storage. It greatly simplifies camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view, and playback. Supporting over 5,000 IP cameras (including all standard fisheye cameras available on the market), QVR Pro provides 8 license-free channels for surveillance monitoring and the optional QVR Pro Camera Channel Extension License for more extensive security deployment. You can also use QVR Pro Client’s mobile app to monitor anytime, or use a USB webcam as an ONVIF® network camera with the QUSBCam2 app.
Expand Your Storage with USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) - Better than eSATA!
Flexibly expand the storage capacity of the TS-653D via USB or multi-lane SATA interfaces. You can choose a high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) TL series JBOD, USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) TR series RAID expansion enclosures, or SATA 6Gbps TL series JBOD. They provide economical, flexible, high-performance and high-capacity storage expansion solutions for NAS, PC and servers.
Flexible and Economical Storage Expansion
QNAP provides an easy and flexible solution for increasing storage capacity before you run out of storage space. Here are the following ways you can expand NAS storage for accommodating data and business growth:
- Upgrade RAID capacity - Hot-swap lower-capacity drives with larger-capacity drives to expand your NAS capacity so it can grow with your business.
- Attach expansion enclosures - Connect two TR-004 RAID expansion enclosures, or one 8-bay TL-D800C USB 3.2 Gen 2 JBOD, or one 16-bay TL-D1600S SATA 6 Gb/s JBOD, and use the QTS Storage & Snapshots Manager to easily handle NAS capacity expansion.
- Migrate to a New NAS - Install your NAS hard drives into a larger QNAP NAS and retain all your existing data and configurations.
Extend Hardware Warranty Up To 5 Years
The TS-653D is backed by a 3-year warranty at no additional costs. You can purchase a warranty extension that extends your warranty coverage up to 5 years.
Learn more: QNAP warranty services
- Supported Client OS:
- Apple Mac OS 10.10 or later
- Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7, RHEL 6.6, SUSE 12 or later Linux
- IBM AIX 7, Solaris 10 or later UNIX
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016, 2019
- Supported Browsers:
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
|Operating System||QTS 4.4.2 (embedded Linux)|
|Processor||Intel® Celeron® J4125 Quad-core 2.0 GHz processor (Bursts up to 2.7 GHz)|
|CPU Architecture||64-bit x86|
|System Memory||4GB SO-DIMM DDR4|
|Maximum Memory||8GB (2x 4GB)|
|Memory Slot||Dual slot|
|Flash Memory||4 GB (Dual boot OS protection)|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 600|
|Hard Drive Tray||6 x 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s|
|M.2 SSD Slot||Optional via a PCIe adapter|
|Drive Compatibility||3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|File System||- Internal Hard Drive: EXT4
- External hard drive (EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, and exFAT)
Note: To use exFat you must purchase an exFAT driver license from License Center.
|Storage Management||- Supported RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, JBOD, Single
- RAID hot spare and global hot spare
- RAID rebuild speed customization
- Online RAID capacity expansion
- Online RAID level migration
- SSD RAID over-provisioning
- SSD RAID Performance evaluation (with SSD Profiling Tool)
- SSD TRIM for RAID 0, 1, 10
- Bitmap support
- Disk auto S.M.A.R.T. data migration
- Disk bad block scan and S.M.A.R.T test.
- Disk bad block recovery
- Disk secure data erase
- Ironwolf Health Management
- Storage pools
- Online volume expansion
- Volume type conversion
- Volume shrink
- Storage space utilization
- Storage expansion using QNAP expansion units
- JBOD enclosure roaming
- SSD read-only and read-write cache
- SSD write-only cache
- Qtier™ Data Tiering Technology
- Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
|USB Ports||2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 ports
3 x USB 2.0 ports
|LAN Ports||2 x RJ45 2.5 Gigabit LAN port (2.5G/1G/100M)|
|HDMI Output||1 x HDMI v2.0|
|PCIe Slot||1 x PCIe Gen 2 x2|
|Expansion Enclosure Support||N/A|
|Buttons||Power, Reset, USB Copy|
|LED Indicators||Power/Status, LAN, USB, HDD1-6|
|IR Sensor||Yes (RM-IR004)|
|Power Supply||120W External AC adapter, 100~240V|
|Power Consumption (W)||HDD sleep mode: 18.6W
In operation: 35.4W (typical)
|Power Management||- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
- Standby mode for internal drives
- Scheduled power on and off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Security||- Network access protection with auto-blocking (SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, and AFP)
- Host access control for shared folders (CIFS/SMB)
- AES 256-bit folder-based and volume-based encryptions which are validated by FIPS 140-2 CAVP (Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program)
- 256-bit external drive encryption (AES)
- Importing of SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt
- Instant alerts through email, SMS, push service, and audio
- 2-step verification
|Access Right Management||- Multiple user creation
- User data importing and exporting
- User quota management
- Local user access control (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and WebDAV)
- Application access control (File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station)
- Subfolder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
|Domain Authentication Integration||- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) & Domain Controller support
- LDAP server, LDAP client
- Domain user login (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
|Cooling||2 x 90mm fan (12 VDC)|
|Sound Level||21.3 dB(A)|
|Temperature||0~40 °C (32~104 °F)|
|Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing
Wet bulb: 27°C (80.6°F)
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||235 x 168 x 226 mm|
- QNAP TS-653D-4G 6-Bay NAS w/ 4GB RAM
- AC Power Adapter
- Power Cord
- 2 x Ethernet Cables
- Flat Head Screws (For 3.5" HDD)
- Flat Head Screws (For 2.5" HDD)
- Quick Installation Guide