Go Big, Do More
The 870 QVO is Samsung's latest 2nd generation QLC SSD and provides up to 8TB of storage. It offers an incredible upgrade for everyday PC users who want to ramp-up their desktop PC or laptop without compromising on performance.
- 2nd generation 4-bit MLC technology that delivers fast read/write speeds of 560/530 MB/s*
- 4TB storage
- 2.5" SATA III form factor
- Samsung V-NAND SSD
- Up to 560 MB/s read speed
- Up to 530 MB/s write speed
- V-NAND reliability backed by up to 3-year or 720 TBW warranty
* Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration.
Achieving SATA interface limit of 560 MB/s read and 530 MB/s write sequential speeds, the 870 QVO features improved random speed and sustained performance compared to the previous 860 QVO. Intelligent TurboWrite accelerates write speeds and maintains long-term high performance with a larger variable buffer.
* Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. The sequential write performances are measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. The sequential write performances may not be sustained for the portion of data exceeding over Intelligent TurboWrite buffer size. Sequential performance measurements are based on CrystalDiskMark v. 5.0.2.
* Test system configuration : Intel® Core™ i7-7700k [email protected], DDR4 1200MHz 32GB, OS -Windows® 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset - ASUS-PRIME-Z270-A.
* The Intelligent TurboWrite technology adjusts the buffer size to optimal level within the usable disk space up to 42 GB for 1 TB model and up to 78 GB for 2TB and 4 TB models. For more information on the Intelligent TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
Enjoy Huge Capacity
The 870 QVO is available in 1, 2, 4 and 8TB. With the 870 QVO, users can now enjoy and thrive in one of the largest SSD computing environment ever with an affordable price.
* 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes by IDEMA. A certain portion of capacity may be used for system file and maintenance use,so the actual capacity may differ from what is indicated on the product label.
The enormous capacity of the 870 QVO doubles its reliability up to 2,880 TBW compared to the previous model 860 QVO and is backed by a limited warranty of 3 years. This formidable SSD provides further reliability with a refined ECC algorithm that enables a stable performance.
* TBW: Terabytes Written.
* Warrantied TBW: 360 TBW for 1TB model, 720 TBW for 2TB model, 1,440 TBW for 4TB model, and 2,880 TBW for 8TB model.* Limited warranty of 3-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
* ECC: Error Correction Code
Upgrade with Ease
Upgrading to the 870 QVO is made easy for anyone with a desktop PC or laptop that supports a standard 2.5-inch SATA form factor. Enjoying this terabyte SSD is as convenient as plugging in the 870 QVO into a SATA slot, and letting the renewed migration software take care of the rest.
Samsung Magician Software
Make your drive work like magic. The new and improved Samsung Magician 6.1 software will keep your SSD in check. You can easily manage your drive with a wide range of useful tools to keep up with the latest updates, monitor the drive's health and status, or even help enhance its performance.
- Windows10® / Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 / Windows® Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above)
- MAC OSX
|Make and Model||Samsung 870 QVO SATA III 2.5" SSD|
Formatted capacity is less due to O/S formatting, partitioning, applications, etc.
|Form Factor||2.5" SATA III|
|Interface||SATA 6 Gbps Interface
Compatible with SATA 3 Gbps & 1.5 Gbps interfaces
|Sequential Bandwidth||Sequential Reads: Up to 560 MB/sec
Sequential Writes: Up to 530 MB/sec
4KB, QD32 Random Read: Up to 98,000 IOPS
4KB, QD32 Random Write: Up to 88,000 IOPS
|Storage Memory||Samsung V-NAND 4bit MLC|
|Cache Memory||Samsung 4 GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM|
|Controller||Samsung Phoenix Controller|
|Controller||Samsung MKX Controller|
|AES Encryption||AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption
Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
|GC (Garbage Collection)||Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm|
|MTBF||1.5 Million Hours|
|Endurance||Total Bytes Written: 720TB Written|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 70° C|
|Shock||1,500G for 0.5ms (Half Sine Wave)|
Average: 3.2W Typical
Maximum: 5.5W (Burst Mode)
|Voltage||5V ± 5 % Allowable voltage|
|Dimensions||3.94" x 2.76" x0.27" (100 x 69.85 x 6.8 mm)|
|Weight||Approx. 0.19 lb. (46g)|