USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5GbE Adapter – Connect to 5GbE Networks Over USB 3.2 Gen 1
The light and portable QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5GbE adapter provides the ability to add an extra network port to your computer or QNAP NAS. Supporting 5GbE/ 2.5GbE/ 1GbE/ 100MbE connections, the QNA-UC5G1T is especially useful for laptops that lack native Ethernet connectivity.
- Features a metallic bright-toned cover that fits perfectly alongside other devices.
- Featuring a user-friendly web UI, the QNAP Switch System (QSS) provides an overview dashboard, port management and setting guide, making central network management intuitive and easy.
- Requires no extra power supply and can be easily carried for universal deployment.
Add a 5GbE Ethernet Port to Your Laptop
To make thinner and lighter laptops, some manufacturers tend to omit Ethernet ports. With the QNA-UC5G1T you can upgrade your laptop to support 5GbE RJ45 Ethernet connectivity and take advantage of high-speed network connections.
To ensure optimal performance:\
1. To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to set the Jumbo Frames on all the devices in your local network environment to MTU 9000.
2. When using the QNA-UC5G1T with Windows PC (driver v1.8 and later), please disable the "Low Power 5 Gbps" option in the QNA-UC5G1T network adapter's property under "Device Manager".
Add Extra Ethernet Ports to Your NAS
The QNA-UC5G1T provides a quick and easy way to expand the network connectivity of your QNAP NAS. You can connect multiple QNA-UC5G1T adapters to your NAS and manage them alongside other network ports in the Network & Virtual Switch app.
1. Requires a QNAP NAS with QTS 4.3.6 (or later). QNA-UC5G1T does not support the following: the TS-131, TS-231, TS-431, TS-431U, TS-128A, TS-228A. Please check the compatibility list for the NAS compatibility with the QNA-UC5G1T.
2. For optimal transfer speed, please connect the QNA-UC5G1T to the USB 3.2 Gen 1 port of your device.
3. The QNA-UC5G1T does not support Port Trunking, DHCP server, RADVD server and Static Routing.
Build a High-speed Intranet in Your Office or Studio
QNAP provide a wide range of network devices to assist business and home users with upgrading their network infrastructure to meet growing bandwidth requirements. The QNA-UC5G1T can be coupled with other devices, including a QNAP 10GbE switch, to create a budget-friendly high-speed network environment for improving the performance of various work and entertainment applications.
Learn More: QNAP 10GbE switch
Simply connect a QNA-UC5G1T adapter to your computer using the included USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C™ to Type-A cable (a Type-C™ to Type-C™ cable - sold separately - can also be used) and connect the adapter to a 10GbE/ 5GbE/ 2.5G/ 1GbE-capable switch (e.g. QNAP 10GbE switch), NAS, or other device using a RJ45 LAN cable.
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7 requires a driver. Requires the Marvell® AQtion AQC111U driver.Click here to download the driver.
- macOS: Supports macOS 10.13 ~ 10.15 version and doesn't support macOS Big Sur 11.0 (or later) version. Please refer to Quick Installation Guide for more details. Requires the Marvell® AQtion AQC111U driver. Click here to download the driver.
- Linux: Supports Linux core 3.10, 3.12, 3.2, 4.2, and 4.4. Requires the Marvell® AQtion AQC111U driver. Click here to download the driver.
- QNAP NAS: QTS 4.3.6 (or later) is required.
|Product||USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C to 5GbE RJ45 Single Port Adapter|
|Interface||USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5G/2.5G/1G/100M RJ-45 port|
|Data Transfer Rate||5Gbps; 2.5Gbps; 1Gbps; 100Mbps|
|LED Indicators||Power, LAN Link/Act, Transfer speed|
|Power Supply||USB bus-powered|
|Max. Power Consumption||N/A|
|Cable Length||100M CAT 6A: 40°|
|Operating Temperature||0~40°C (32~104 °F)|
|Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||28 x 99.8 x 27.85 mm (1.10" x 3.93" x 1.10")|
- QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C to 5GbE RJ45 Adapter
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C to Type-A Cable
- Quick Installation Guide