D-Link DIR-X4860 EXO AX AX4800 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router
Wi-Fi 6 brings next-generation Wi-Fi technology into your home, giving you the quantum leap in capacity, speed, and range you need to handle all your Wi-Fi demands. Perfect for high-performance, highly device-dense smart homes.
- Exceptional Capacity Connect more devices at faster speeds
- Made for Smart Home Better performance in device-dense environments
- Next-Gen Speed and Range Combined speeds up to AX5400
- Unprecedented Efficiency Higher throughput, more efficient transmission
Experience up to AX4800 speeds while 1024-QAM boosts throughput to devices by up to 25% and 160 MHz contiguous channel width gives even more bandwidth. Up to 6 simultaneous streams let you enjoy faster, more enjoyable 4K streaming, online gaming and more, and should you require them - 4 Gigabit LAN ports and 1 Gigabit WAN port give you faster wired connectivity whenever you wish.
Connect More, Congest Less with OFDMA
The DIR-X4860 uses Wi-Fi 6's cutting-edge Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) technology. Small data packets destined for multiple devices are transmitted together and never have to queue up again. Perfect for Smart Homes filled with bandwidth-hungry IoT devices battling for bandwidth.
MU-MIMO MU-MIMO technology helps distribute the flow of data to multiple devices simultaneously. With Wi-Fi 6 technology the DIR-X4860 leverages OFDMA and MU-MIMO for better efficiency of upstream AND downstream transmissions, unlike previous Wi-Fi 5 technology where MU-MIMO could only operate in downstream transmissions. This combination greatly increases capacity, coverage and performance especially in ultra-high-density environments.
Extended Coverage, Reduced Interference
High-gain antennas, built-in power amplifiers and beamforming technology allow the DIR-X4860 to extend the reach of your Wi-Fi and focus a stronger signal in the direction of your devices to ensure a stronger, faster and more reliable Wi-Fi experience. Meanwhile a long OFDM symbol ensures even greater Wi-Fi range, especially outside the home.
Conserve Energy, Save Battery Life
Target Wake Time (TWT) helps reduce battery consumption for connected devices by communicating with them and deciding when and how often the device requires data transfers. TWT increases the device's sleep time, therefore cleverly extending the battery life of client devices and optimizing spectrum utilization.
Firmware upgrades can be a pain, but with the DIR-X4860, they are completely automated. Upgrades are so smooth, you won't even notice them. On top of that, the DIR-X4860's Dual Image functionality saves a recovery image as a backup before an upgrade. So, in the unlikely event an upgrade fails, the system has your pre-existing configuration to fall back on.
Your neighbors' Wi-Fi could be interfering with your wireless signals and slowing things down. Wi-Fi 6 puts an end to the Wi-Fi strife with BSS Coloring technology. It makes transmissions more unique by 'coloring' them with their own unique code.
The result? Devices can decide whether to transmit signals or ignore them, based on their "color". Get less interference, less Wi-Fi slowdowns and more range.
Virtual Private Networking Your Way
The DIR-X4860's VPN Wizard lets you configure LAN-to-LAN and remote access VPN connections while its built-in passthrough feature also allows any devices connected to the router to establish outbound VPN connections.
True Internet Speeds Without the Guesswork
Tired of internet speeds that don't live up to your ISP's claims? The DIR-X4860's integrated Internet Test lets you measure the true speed of your Router-to-ISP connection with the D-Link Wi-Fi app.
Works with the Google Assistant and Alexa
Turn on/off your guest Wi-Fi, ask for your guest Wi-Fi credentials, reboot your router or update your firmware. Do it ALL hands-free using voice commands.
Just speak the words of command to your Google Assistant or Alexa, and the router bends your smart home Wi-Fi to your will (without you having to lift a finger). Perfect for when you've got your hands full entertaining guests or just want to wow them with your smart Wi-Fi.
Simple Setup and Managent
Download the free D-Link Wi-Fi app for super simple setup and ongoing management. Set parental controls based on your family's online needs, access your Wi-Fi settings and more, directly from your smartphone or tablet.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology provides faster speeds, greater capacity and less network congestion
- Next-gen speeds up to AX4800 (4,200 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band)
- Dual-band Wi-Fi with up to 6 simultaneous streams makes 4K streaming, VR gaming or video chatting a breeze
- D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh lets you create a seamless mesh network that covers every corner of your home
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology communicate more data to more devices while simultaneously reducing lag
- BSS coloring technology reduces interference in 'noisy' Wi-Fi environments, making more efficient use of available Wi-Fi spectrum
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port provide optional wired connectivity
- Built in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports to create shared storage
- Intelligent Quality of Service (QoS) prioritizes network traffic to minimize the impact of busy bandwidth
- Backwards compatibility ensures support for previous Wi-Fi standards and all Wi-Fi devices
- Increased battery life of connected devices with Target Wake Time technology
- Supports the latest Wi-Fi security with 128-bit encryption
- Voice Control for an even easier home Wi-Fi networking experience
- Works with the D-Link Wi-Fi App for easy setup and enhanced parental controls
|Make and Model||D-Link DIR-X4860 EXO AX AX4800 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router|
|Wireless Standard||802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11ac, 802.11g, 802.11ax|
|USB 2.0/3.0||1x USB 2.0 + 1x USB 3.0|
|Dynamic IP (DHCP)||Yes|
|PPPoE (IPv6 over PPPoE)||Yes|
|Wireless Security||Latest Wi-Fi security with 128-bit encryption|
|WPS (Wi-Fi Protect Setup)||Yes|
|USB Sharing (FTP)||Yes|
|USB Sharing (SAMBA)||Yes|
|Wireless Speed||600Mbps + 4200Mbps|
|Product Description||AX4800 Wi-Fi 6 Router|
|Antenna Type||4 External Non-detachable; 2 External Detachable|
|Wi-Fi Mesh||D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh|
|D-Link SharePort Mobile||N/A|
|D-Link QRS Mobile||N/A|
|mydlink Lite (iOS/Android)||N/A|
|Voice Control Support (Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant)||Yes|
|Dimensions||Approx 5.38 x 9.69 x 2.13 inches|
- D-Link Router
- Users Manual