Seagate Ironwolf PRO NAS Hard Drives
THE SUPERIOR NAS DRIVE
Seagate understands your unique data storage challenges, and crafted the IronWolf® and IronWolf Pro 16TB network attached storage (NAS) hard drives to help you achieve your goals.
We continue to push capacity boundaries way ahead of our competition
Be Tough. Be Ready
Built for multi-user environments and high workload rates, these NAS hard drives are enhanced with AgileArray™ technology for optimal reliability and system scalability.
Manage Drive Health
IronWolf Health Management (IHM) improves overall system reliability by displaying actionable prevention, intervention, and recovery options. When IronWolf or IronWolf Pro hard drives are integrated into compatible NAS systems, the overall system reliability increases due to constant monitoring and user alerts.
Protect Your Drive
When you purchase and register an IronWolf Pro drive, a Rescue Recovery Data Plan is included for 2 years.3 You'll have access to a global team of world-class data recovery experts in case of unexpected data loss.Register Now
1. IronWolf Health features subject to change. Available on 4TB and higher IronWolf drives.
2. NAS vendors may vary in compatibility with IronWolf Health Management. Contact your Seagate sales representative for further details.
3. Rescue recovery plan are not available in all countries. Please contact your Seagate sales representative for further details.
Conventional Magnetic Recording Maintains Performance
Multiple users can confidently upload and download data on a NAS system populated with IronWolf hard drives.
IronWolf hard drives 4TB and higher are equipped with RV sensors to maintain performance in multi-bay NAS enclosures. IronWolf Pro drives come standard with RV sensors built in for higher bay NAS. Built with conventional magnetic recording (CMR), IronWolf and IronWolf Pro drives deliver the consistent performance you need.
Support Your Business
IronWolf can handle the vibrations and high workload rates of a high-data network within a multi-bay NAS environment.
Please note: IronWolf drives are tested and approved by QNAP
Be Creative. Keep Growing.
IronWolf and IronWolf Pro help keep you on schedule with 24×7 remote access, backup, and file sharing.
Please note: For high workloads, collaborative environments use IronWolf Pro drives in Synology NAS
Partners and industry judges agree: IronWolf is the best drive for NAS.
"QNAP has worked closely with Seagate for many years on product and technology enhancements to help create the best hard drives for NAS users."
- Meiji Chang, General Manager of QNAP
"The Seagate IronWolf series has leapfrogged the Western Digital Red in both capacity and features."
- Chris Ramseyer, Tom's Hardware, Tom's Hardware
2× winner for Best Hard Drive
Based from the European Hardware Association's
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray™. AgileArray enables dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments, with the most advanced power management possible.
- Actively protect your NAS with IronWolf Health Management focusing on prevention, intervention, and recovery
- High performance means no lag time or downtime for users during workload traffic for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest-performing NAS drive portfolio.
- Seagate ® Rescue Data Recovery. 3 IronWolf Pro comes with extra peace of mind for any mechanical, accidental, or natural disaster. With a 90% success rate of in-house recovery, Seagate has your back with a 2-year included Rescue Data Recovery plan.
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors. First in its class of drives to include RV sensors to maintain high performance in multi-drive NAS enclosures.
- Range of capacities up to 16TB. More capacity options means more choices that will fit within the budget. Seagate provides a scalable solution for any NAS use-case scenario.
- Do more in multi-user environments. IronWolf provides a workload rate of 300TB/year. Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing IronWolf can handle the workload, whether you are a creative professional or a small business.
- Designed for always on, always accessible 24×7 performance. Access data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site.
- 1.2M hours MTBF, 5-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) over desktop drives with reduced maintenance costs.
|Make and Model||Seagate Ironwolf Pro NAS Hard Drive|
|Drive Bays Supported||Up to 24-bay|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||300|
|Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensors||yes|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||1,200,000|
|Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR)||0.73%|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8,760|
|Sector Size (Bytes per Logical Sector)||512E|
|Limited Warranty (years)||5|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|
|Interface Access Speed (Gb/s)||6.0, 3.0, 1.5|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s)||220MB/s|
|Average Latency (ms)||4.16|
|Rotational Vibration @ 10-1500 Hz (rad/s 2 )||12.5|
|Startup Current, Typical (12V, A)||2|
|Idle Power, Average (W)||5.5|
|Average Operating Power (W)||8.1W|
|Standby Mode (W)||1|
|Sleep Mode (W)||1|
|Power Supply Requirements||+12 V and +5 V|
|Operating (ambient, min °C)||5|
|Operating (drive case, max °C)||60|
|Nonoperating (ambient, min °C)||-40|
|Nonoperating (ambient, max °C)||70|
|Vibration, Nonoperating: 10Hz to 500Hz (Grms)||3|
|Shock, Operating 2ms (Read/Write) (Gs)||70/40Gs|
|Shock, Nonoperating, 1ms and 2ms (Gs)||250|
|Dimensions||1.028in x 4.01in x 5.787in|
- Seagate Ironwolf Pro NAS Hard Drive