The Gigabyte Intel® Z490 AORUS Motherboard with 16+1 Phases Digital VRM, Fins-Array II Heatsink, Direct-Touch Heatpipe II and NanoCarbon Baseplate, Intel® Thunderbolt 3, ESSential USB DAC, Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax, AQUANTIA® 10GbE LAN, Intel® 2.5GbE LAN, RGB FUSION 2.0
Showcasing a state-of-the-art design, excellent functionality, an impressive thermal design, next generation network connectivity, a Hi-Fi level audio system, and AORUS aesthetics, the flagship Z490 AORUS XTREME motherboard dominates the competition.
THERMAL REACTIVE ARMOR
Z490 AORUS XTREME uses an unprecedented and innovative thermal design to ensure the best CPU, Chipset, SSD stability and low temperatures under full load application and gaming.
Hungry for better performance? Z490 AORUS XTREME has a full PCIe 4.0 hardware design, supports high frequency memory, and comes with full SSD thermal guards to make sure you get the maximum full system performance.
490 AORUS XTREME uses revolutionary "XTREME MEMORY" technology, which includes Shielded Memory Routing, SMT DIMM, and Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array to minimize all noise and electrical interference and reach the highest memory clock.
Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 5000MHz and Beyond
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 5000MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard.
Extreme Performance with Gen3 x4 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Z490 AORUS motherboards offer the industry's best compatibility in terms of NVMe storage for users who demand high capacity and seek the best performance. AORUS' unique design can be configured in RAID for record speeds of up to 3551 MB/s (Sequential Read), making AORUS the obvious choice for the ultimate PC.
Best Upgrade Solution for PCIe 3.0 Platform AORUS RAID SSD 2TB
Upgrade to PCIe 4.0 storage performance on the Z490 platform with AORUS RAID SSD 2TB. The SSD is embedded with RAID controller, transfer speed up to amazing 6300 MB/s. The performance is twice faster than regular PCIe 3.0 SSD. It surely brings high efficiency to your work, shorten the time of waiting. It's the perfect solution for prosumers like video editors, 3D file creators and engineers who make giant files daily. Further more, Users can easily to configure RAID array to meet your needs under BIOS.
NEXT GENERATION CONNECTIVITY
A Flagship product needs to be future-proofed so your system stays up-to-date with the latest technology. Z490 AORUS XTREME provides all next generation network, storage, and WIFI connectivity to keep you up to speed.
- Next Generation 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt™ 3 Powered by Intel's own Thunderbolt controller the new Thunderbolt™ 3 protocol, which is available over two USB Type-C™ connectors on the back I/O of the GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS XTREME, brings an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s -- twice more than the previous generation of Thunderbolt! This incredible increase in bandwidth is also accompanied with support for different protocols such as DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.2 Gen2, which is backwards compatible with USB 3.2 Gen1 and USB 2.0, opening up a world of new possibilities.
- New Introduce Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax + BT 5 Module Intel Wireless solution supports 802.11ax, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, better gaming experience, few dropped connections and speeds up to 2.4Gbps*. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides 4X range over BT 4.2 and with faster transmission.
- AORUS Antenna All new antenna supported 802.11ac 2.4GHz & 5GHz, 4dBi signal gain with 2x signal strength compared to traditional antenna design with two smart antenna function for the best WIFI signal transmitting multiple angle tilt and magnetic base for the best signal strength direction and location.
- USB TurboCharger GIGABYTE patent pending USB TurboCharger technology allows users to recharge their mobile devices with stunning speed, up to 50% in less than 30 minutes*. By connecting Front USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A cable of chassis to our motherboard, USB TurboCharger can recharge both Android devices with QC 3.0 and Apple devices with Apple Fast-Charge function.
Still think motherboard audio is just "basic sound output"? We put a 100% full Hi-Fi sound card and all audio-grade components into the Z490 AORUS XTREME to ensure the best, crystal clear sound quality. Furthermore, an exclusive bundled ESSential USB DAC means users not longer have to endure bad audio quality from ancient Front Audio interfaces.
ESSential USB DAC
Complete Digital to Analog Signal processing on front-access USB Type-C ports gets rid of any possibility of distortions and provides superb sound stage recreation so users can experience the vocal cohesion. Enjoy the depth of the music and the immersive sound profile.
DTS :X® Ultra
Recreates an authentic, spatially accurate 3D audio experience for gaming over any headphones or speakers. Supports channel-based, scene based and object-based audio. Provides out-of-the-box calibration for a range of headphones and speakers. Provides post-processing enhancements and device level tuning for DTS® codecs.
GIGABYTE ID team designs Z490 AORUS XTREME from the drawing board. After countless hours of conceptualizing ideas, fine tuning details, and engaging in discussion, GIGABYTE has produced a board that is equal parts beast and beauty.
Multi-Zone Light Show Design
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned RGB Fusion 2.0 application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
RGB FUSION Software
With an integrated intuitive user interface, the RGB Fusion 2.0 provides you a better solution for customizing the lighting effects across all supported devices. From motherboards, graphics cards to the peripheral products, you can personalize your gaming rig with your own style and show off your build by sharing the profiles. In addition, the new gaming mode makes the lighting effects interactive with selected games to bring you the most immersive gaming experience.
GIGABYTE is reputable for its product durability and high quality manufacturing process. Needless to say, we use the best components we can find for the Z490 AORUS XTREME and reinforce every slot to make each of them solid and durable.
- Industry Leading Ultra Durable™ PCIe Armor The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
- Ultra Durable™ Memory ArmorAORUS' exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion/twisting and plate bending, in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference.
- Solid Pin Power Connectors Z490 AORUS motherboards feature solid plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8pin + 8pin power connectors to offer a stable power supply during CPU overloading.
- Q-Flash Plus Update the BIOS easily without installing the CPU, memory and graphics card.
GIGABYTE BIOS & APP CENTER
Good software goes hand in hand with perfect hardware. Z490 AORUS XTREME bundled several useful and intuitive software to help users to control every aspect of motherboard.
- APP CENTER is a useful portal of all GIGABYTE MB utilities and drivers, you can choose any utility you want to install from APP CENTER and keep updated with the latest utilities and drivers version.
- EasyTune™ is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
- System Information Viewer is a central location that gives you access to your current system status. Monitor components such as the clocks and processor, set your preferred fan speed profile, create alerts when temperatures get too high or record your system's behavior; these are the possibilities of the System Information Viewer.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Series Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- 16+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 90A Smart Power Stage and Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array
- XTREME MEMORY with SMT DIMM and Shielded Memory Routing
- Thermal Reactive Armor with Fins-Array II Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe II and NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Onboard
- Exclusive ESSential USB DAC
- Onboard Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT 5 with 2X AORUS Antenna
- 127dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9018K2M DAC, LME 49720 and OPA1622 OP-AMP, WIMA Audio Capacitors
- AQUANTIA® 10GbE BASE-T LAN and Intel® 2.5GbE LAN with cFosSpeed
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guards II
- USB TurboCharger for Mobile Device Fast Charge Support
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Support Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
|Make and Model||Gigabyte Z490 AORUS XTREME|
|Part Number||Z490 AORUS XTREME|
|CPU||Support for 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors/Intel® Core™ i7 processors/ Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/ Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1200 package
L3 cache varies with CPU
Please refer to "CPU Support List" for more information
|Chipset||Intel® Z490 Express Chipset|
|Memory|| Intel® Core™ i9/i7 processors:
Support for DDR4 5000(O.C.)/4933(O.C.)/4800(O.C.)/ 4700(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C.)/ 4500(O.C.)/ 4400(O.C.)/ 4300(O.C.)/4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2933 / 2800 / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz
Intel® Core™ i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors:
Support for DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz
4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
|Onboard Graphics|| Integrated Graphics Processor+Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller:
2 x Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 connectors (USB Type-C™ ports), supporting DisplayPort and Thunderbolt™ video outputs and a maximum resolution of 5120 x 2880@60 Hz with 24 bpp
* Because of the limited I/O resources of the PC architecture, the number of Thunderbolt™ devices that can be used is dependent on the number of the PCI Express devices being installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors," for more information.)
* Support for DisplayPort 1.4 version, HDCP 2.3, and HDR.
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.3.
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
|Multi-Graphics Technology||Support for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ and 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ technologies
Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
|Expansion Slots|| 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the M2P_PCH connector. The PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x2 mode when an M.2 SSD is installed in the M2P_PCH connector.
(All of the PCI Express x16 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
Supports up to ASPM L1.2 power management protocols.
|Storage||1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)(M2A_CPU)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)(M2M_PCH)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_PCH)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to "1-9 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the PCIEX4, M.2, and SATA connectors.
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
M.2 connectors support up to ASPM L1.2 PCIe power management protocols.
|LAN||1 x Aquantia 10GbE LAN chip (10 Gbit/5 Gbit/2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit) (LAN1)
1 x Intel® 2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit) (LAN2)
|Wireless Communication Module||Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
WIFI a, b, g, n, ac with wave 2 features, ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate * Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
|Audio||Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec+ESS ES9218P DAC (front panel audio)
Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec+ESS ES9018K2M DAC+TI OPA1622 operational amplifier (rear panel audio)
Support for DTS:X® Ultra
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
|USB||Chipset+Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller:
2 x USB Type-C™ ports on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
Chipset+USB 3.2 Gen 1 Hub:
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers with the included front USB header extension cable)
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x Q-Flash Plus button
1 x Clear CMOS button
2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R)
2 x Thunderbolt™ 3 connectors (USB Type-C™ ports, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support)
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x HDMI port
2 x RJ-45 ports
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
5 x audio jacks
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x water cooling CPU fan header
4 x system fan headers
2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers
2 x addressable LED strip headers
2 x RGB LED strip headers
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
3 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
1 x noise detection header
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x USB Type-C™ header, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
1 x USB 2.0/1.1 header
2 x temperature sensor headers
1 x power button
1 x reset button
1 x OC button
2 x BIOS switches
Voltage Measurement Points
|I/O Controller||iTE® I/O Controller Chip|
|Hardware Monitoring||Voltage detection
Fan speed detection
Water cooling flow rate detection
Fan fail warning
Fan speed control
* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.
|Special Features||Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash Plus
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
|Bundled Software||Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster (12 months license)
|BIOS||2 x 256 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS™
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|OS Support||Support for Windows 10 64-bit|
|Form Factor||E-ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 27.1cm|
- Z490 AORUS XTREME Motherboard
- Users Manual