Clearance Centre: Startech 2.5in Slim 7mm USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Enclosure w/ UASP
- Clearance Centre
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4B4
- Mon-Fri 10:00AM - 8:00PM
- Saturday 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Sunday 11:00AM - 6:00PM
- Holidays 11:00AM - 6:00PM
|Clearance Sale!!||($8.99)||30% Ends: 12/31/2021|
|Clearance Price||$20.99||30% off|
- SKU: MX53212
- ILC: 065030855631
- Part #: S2510BPU337
Convert a 7mm High 2.5in SATA III SSD/HDD Into a UASP-Supported USB 3.0 External Drive
This slim, pocket-sized drive enclosure is specifically engineered for 7mm drives, giving you the option to turn your thin hard drive or solid state drive into an external storage solution connected through UASP-enabled USB 3.0. With a thin yet durable design, the enclosure fits your 7mm drives perfectly to eliminate any drive movement inside the enclosure, which could be a problem with a looser-fitting enclosure.
To help save you time transferring data to and from your 7mm SSD or HDD, this UASP-enabled enclosure supports transfer speeds up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0, when used with a UASP-enabled host computer.
Plus, the enclosure is USB-powered, so you don't have to carry a power adapter with you, giving you one less thing to pack when you're travelling.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the S2510BPU337 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech Advantage
- Provides the ideal operating environment, with an enclosure designed specifically for thin form-factor drives to minimize internal movement.
- 70% Faster than traditional USB 3.0, with UASP Transfer Protocol.
- Supports drives 7mm in height
- Supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP)
- Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Tool-less installation
- Powered directly from the USB port
- Compatible with USB revision 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5 Gbps/480 Mbps/1.5 Mbps)
- Power/Activity LED indicator
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
A PC with one of the following operating systems is required for use:
- Windows® 8/8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64bit), Server 2008 (32/64), Vista(32/64), Server 2003 (32/64) XP(32/64), 2000
- Apple® Mavericks (10.9) OSX Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6)
- Google Chrome™ OS
- Requires a free USB 3.0 or 2.0 port for connectivity.
- Requires internal 2.5" SSD / HDD (sold seperately) up to 7mm in height to be installed.
|Enclosure Type||2.5" (up to 7mm height) SSD / HDD External Enclosure|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia – ASM1053 – 6G|
|Drive Connectors||1 x SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 x USB 3.0 Micro-B (10 pin; SuperSpeed) Female|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 (5 Gbps)
SATA III (6 Gbps)
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 2TB 5400 RPM hard drives|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power & Activity|
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage: -10°C to 65°C (14°F to 149°F)
|Humidity||10%RH ~ 95%RH|
|Dimensions||126 x 80 x 9.5 mm (5.0 x 3.1 x 0.4 in)|
|Weight||44 g (0.09 lbs)|
- USB 3.0 to 2.5" SSD/HDD Enclosure
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Installation pad for 5mm drives
- Install Guide
Memory Express will help facilitate the return of defective product(s) to the manufacturer for repair or replacement at no cost to our customer with in the first thirty (30) days, unless otherwise specified. Returns / Exchanges for Clearance Items are valid within (15) days of original purchase date unless otherwise specified.
Please see our
for more information.