Works Great for Multi room setup
1/5/2017 5:52:29 PM
Colin from Red Deer writes:
- I have 4 of these on 4 different home systems (multi zone). I use google Play to stream the same song to my whole house at the same time so i do what SONOS does for way cheaper.
I use a digital connector to my external DACS to get better sound on my bigger stereos. It works great and super easy to set up using an android phone / tablet.
The sound may not be as good as FLAC but the ease of set up and functionality of the units makes up for this.
- When your tablet/phone goes to sleep for an extended period of time the playlist continues to play but i sometimes have issues stopping it when shutting it down. A little finicky for this but way better than buying multiple SONOS.
Would be nice to be able to stream my own music library.
Great audio caster
12/29/2016 2:31:47 PM
Neill from Edmonton writes:
- Clear audio, ability to use digital/optical cables. Easy to configure. Possible to create groups of them for simultaneous casting throughout the house. Can be powered by USB.
- Can only cast from Chrome browser or from apps that support Chromecast functions. For example you can't cast from Plex using Firefox. The unit gets fairly warm. Requires Wifi to function.
- I use this to cast from Plex to an old hi-fi system. If you have good old speakers or an old stereo system, you can turn them into modern media centres.
I also use it at outdoor parties at my house, just hook it up to some portable speakers and cast from my phone (need to be in wireless range). I like it better than bluetooth because the audio is not interrupted by phone notifications, and the audio quality is much better.