Best bang for buck
1/17/2017 7:14:30 AM
Keith from McLean writes:
- This is a budget machine, with some very good pros. I dont know what the previous review is talking about. Sorry to hear that your computer died.
I've had this computer since August, and it has worked perfectly. You can use it reliably as a laptop with about 3 ~ 4 hours of battery life. You dont need to feel restricted to a table or desk.
You get 1080p picture which is hard to find at this price point. You can also upgrade the ram with an 8GB chip, making it 12GB. This is awesome!
- It does have a plastic surface, but given that its how much? I think you're getting what you expect. Having said that it looks nice with the plastic that is there.
Battery life is not going to last more then 4 hours.
- You will not find a better computer at this price. With the memory upgrade, you will have a machine that I think will compete with a 2017 mac book, but for $1000 less.
Great budget machine. Love it. If it breaks in a few months, send it back to asus and get a new one.
Great promise but ...
1/6/2017 1:49:59 PM
Albertasauros from Calgary writes:
- Great CPU, network card and FullHD display
- The body of this laptop is made of cheap plastic which makes it very wobbly. If you lift it up and hold it in your hands you will see what I mean. The laptop unexpectedly died after three months of use with white screen error. It has not even been used as a portable device, stayed all the time on a desk. Avoid.