Ok, not steller
4/5/2017 2:05:35 PM
Dave from Calgary writes:
- This is my 3rd Asus, but likely my last if they continue to go downhill like this.
This system literally has the base image and MS office installed and already (2 weeks) I'm having to use task manager to shut down MS Edge when it freezes.
Since powering the system up it appears to be constantly running something which makes the battery life pretty short. Left the laptop closed for around 5 hours and the battery was at 10%.
- Slow, freezes, something is going on in the background eating power.
- for just under a grand I'm not impressed. I have older HP's that are deemed "garbage" by most of my IT buddies that look to run more solid.
1/6/2017 3:32:24 PM
Rehan from Calgary writes:
- I bought this laptop during their boxing week event, at that price, it is a great device.
- My biggest gripe with the system is that the keyboard is not backlit, and the caps and num lock buttons don't have any indicators.
Another thing to note is that the display is not an LED display. It's an LCD display with LED backlighting.
- This is a great mid end laptop. The casing is made out of plastic, but feels very solid. The hdd makes a lot noise, but is negated by switching to an ssd
11/27/2016 11:08:19 AM
Randy from Calgary writes:
- Fast, good amount of ram, has a dedicated gpu so you dont have to waste the system memory and share it. Has a core i5 cpu which for me is enough for what i use it for. Its light weight, keys have good feel to them when typing on them.
- Came with a normal 1TB HDD - but i upgraded to a SSD
Laptop was a pain to take apart - it had lots of screws which was as expected but there was one hidden screw that was under one of the rubber feet. It was also hard to take it apart after.
The hard drive compartment had a ribbon cable going over top of it that had to be carefully removed in order to replace the HDD.
The BIOS was a pain to navigate just to make the system boot off of a cd because it did not want to boot off of a thumb drive.
- Overall a very nice laptop, i was lucky because i already know how to do all that stuff as a computer tech, i just found it weird in the design of the laptop.
But its still a nice laptop regardless of the weaknesses i found, performance wise its still a nice laptop and a great replacement for my last laptop that died on me.
I would still recommend it.
An OK laptop with some limitations
8/26/2016 8:31:32 PM
Todd from Calgary writes:
- Full HD-sized, bright display
Separate, dedicated keypad
- Limited optimal LCD viewing angle. Go outside this range (less than the width of your head) and the side of the screen furthest from your head noticeably darkens. This is of limited concern with one very-stationary user but may become a concern with motion or when sharing the screen with others.
No caps lock or num lock indicator lights.
- The price is right and this almost meets my needs. I wish the store had a floor model so I could have tried before buying.