Dangerously Low Quality
2/20/2017 9:20:17 AM
Stuxnet from Edmonton writes:
- Good performance per dollar but it will !BRICK RANDOMLY!
I purchased this drive on sale at the Edmonton South Store.
- Hard drive is on a 12 month warranty and mine suffered complete circuit failure at 16 months on the dot.
In short I shut down the computer properly and the next day the drive won't even "post" in bios. After trouble shooting my entire computer from SATA ports to power supply I and a independent technician determined that the drive simply had a internal component failure during shut down. If I hadn't backed up all my grad picture for the hell of it I would have lost everything.
- Internal circuit failure is the brain hemorrhage of the computing world, It has no early symptoms strikes with out warning and kills the host indefinitely. A failure like this is a result from binning to low on your componentry hence the 119.99 price point. I think designing products to fail right after warranty is a unethical business practice in it self, especially on a hard drive. From now on I tell all my Client's, Friends and Family to avoid Samsung at all costs.
Great Sata SSD
2/4/2017 9:36:54 AM
Bailey P from Winnipeg writes:
- Very fast SSD, works exactly as expected. I got it on sale, and i think that makes it's a good value.
- Not as small or fast as an M.2 SSD, but still a great Sata drive.
1/8/2017 6:56:28 PM
Ryan from Calgary writes:
Usually on sale
- None so far
- Bought this over a year ago and no problems with it. Purchased a 1TB last month and so far so good with that too! Highly recommend it!
Drive lasted 24 months
1/1/2017 3:08:59 PM
Alan from Calgary writes:
- Drive was quick and worked well until it died after 23 months of use. Not entirely sure i'll get a Samsung one again
EVO 850 250GB
11/30/2016 10:12:17 AM
Michael from Calgary writes:
- Very Fast
(Especially on sale, but also regular price) Good value
- NOT A WEAKNESS OF THE DRIVE:
Included cloning software will NOT include the windows recovery partition if that makes a difference to you: you don't NEED it, but a good thing to know before you use it.
No weaknesses for the drive yet.
- Fantastic! I love these drives :) I've purchased the 500 GB version and use it to run Virtual Machines, and they run absolutely beautifully. I got this one (250gb) for my girlfriends computer that was unusably slow with a 5,400rpm drive, and it is a new computer again, boot times are great, and runs beautifully. Formatted capacity after fresh windows 10 install is approx 233 GB, so not to bad,
Don't forget to install samsung magician and enable rapid mode!
Overall, love it, and would recommend it:)
EVO 850 250 GB
9/9/2016 9:05:52 PM
Howard from Winnipeg writes:
- great price, fast drive
- Bought this drive on sale and had memx install it in my 2012 mac mini, stopped by apple store they reformat drive and install latest OS (no charge) got home setup things up and everything works perfect and FAST..
Great Drive but avoid firmware updates or get bricked.
4/19/2016 12:08:00 AM
Chris from Calgary writes:
- Fast. Works really well and the cloning software is awesome.
- The auto update for the firmware bricked my drive. Will be getting another brand to avoid this in the future.
Great drive, fast!
3/14/2016 12:34:10 PM
Rob from Edmonton writes:
- Fast, decent storage for price
- None so far
- Bought as a boot/system drive for an aging desktop system. Fresh install of Windows 7 home and my old tower has life in it again! Very fast boot and application load times even though my motherboard only supports SATA2. Overall very happy with this drive
great drive great price
1/21/2016 8:31:53 PM
roger buchanan from winnipeg writes:
- Fast, spacious and affordable. A perfect replacement for my never used CD/DVD drive. Now I have the OS on one drive, and the data/scratch on the other. Zoom!
- Me. After picking the correct 12.7mm adapter, thanks Memory Express staff, I went to work.
It helps if you know what you are doing...I took the back of the laptop, ASUS N53SV, apart only to realize that all I needed to do was pop the keyboard up...sigh. After that things went tickety-boo. I did notice that my fingers seem to have gotten bigger, my eyes have gotten weaker, and could it be possible to make screws for drive adapters any smaller??? Old age creeping up on me I guess
- Great drive. Got two 250GB SSD's in a laptop that I use for demonstrations.
The Silverstone adapter fit like a glove. Very happy with my purchase...just don't ever ask me to install anything for you!!!
11/30/2015 3:01:53 PM
Jon from Taber, AB writes:
- Fast, Quiet
- None so far.
- Bought one of these to go in a new rig I was building. It runs immensely faster than the 5400rpm drive I had on a previous machine. About a month later it's still running pretty strong. No problems yet. Was so satisfied with it that I bought another one of these drives to put in to a 2012 Macbook pro. My boot up times are like night and day from what it was before. I would definitely recommend.