3/8/2015 7:18:19 PM
Garret from Winnipeg writes:
- -Fast factory clocks
-great in-game performance
-on par with i5 in most applications with factory clock
-easy to overclock with reasonable MOBO
-doubles as room heat
- -needs aftermarket cooler
>Don't leave the shop without one. Factory cooler temps are 65C+ in game which is trash. Max temps for this CPU are 70 on the socket. Even a cheap air cooler will do the trick. Water is best.
-Hot hot hot
- I suggest this unit to everyone who is talking about building a PC for gaming or general home use. The price is digestible, and with a sufficient cooler (i.e.- not the OEM cooler), it runs quietly and at reasonable temps. Overclocking to 4.5GHz is easy enough. I would buy it again.
12/31/2014 7:43:39 AM
Ryan from Edmonton,South writes:
- This thing is realy good considering it's not 9370 or 9570 as the 9370 is a 8350 overclocked by default when purchased. For a processor running at 4.0 and the price it beats even the Intel when paired with right mobo
- When I purchased this cpu I was not impressed after installing it to get Red CPU_LED n removed it to find out the pins were bent when purchased it. I have never had one processor over the yrs of building with bent pins n have built 20 systems in last 10yrs
- This is a good processor and wod recommend it to any1 who loves high end gaming and needs raw power for the most demanding applications. I run a dual boot system of w7 and ppc64 and works realy well on both with a SSHD drive give this a shot and you won't be disappointed aspecialy with fx sabertooth rev2.0 it's smooth as butter
8 cores overclocked.
12/27/2014 11:34:29 AM
rainy from edmonton writes:
- Has amazing multi task gaming ability, running skyrim and WOW at same time on seperate monitors no problem.
No over heating.
- No weakness.
- For the 200$ mark you cant ask for anything better. Run yhis chip with dual crossfire 280x's and has great fps.
Best value for the price!
12/8/2014 10:08:04 AM
Chris from Edmonton, AB writes:
- Great, strong processor. Easily overclocks. Dirt cheap. You can find these on sale for under $200 right now.
- Get's really hot as soon as you overclock. Needs a quality motherboard to overclock past 4.2ghz. Maybe not a fault of the processor? My old M5A97 would not stabilize past 4.2ghz with this processor.
- With closed-loop liquid cooling, AND a portable air conditioner blowing into the case, I'm able to keep the temp at 70 degrees on P95 when overclocked to a stable 4.7Ghz. Quality cooling is a MUST for overclocking, otherwise this thing is excellent.
Best Price/Performance at the $200 mark.
11/2/2014 2:32:36 AM
Collin from Calgary writes:
- Don't let biased review sites and benchmark programs written highly optimized for Intel CPU's fool you. These processors are on par in performance with Intel CPU's at the $300 mark and hands down beats anything Intel has to offer at $250 and under. Stock cooler with this made a fine upgrade to the stock cooler that came with my old Athlon X2 processor, which I still use in an old system for storing outdated programs. Decent overclock ability (4.4 on air, 4.8 on water for mine).
- Price seems to be on the rise a little, but you still won't find a better processor at the current price point. AMD needs to do some serious work on their processor power consumption. Stock cooler that comes with this is barely capable of handling this CPU. It will require replacement if you either overclock or your MB likes overvolting a little.
- This is still a great processor option for mainstream users as well as gamers that don't care about synthetic benchmark numbers. People that want the extreme synthetic benchmark numbers will want to look elsewhere. This processor paired with a GTX 980 gives me 20% higher 3DMark Fire Strike/Sky Diver scores than a Core i7 4770k paired with a GTX Titan anyway.
Best processor on the market
10/8/2014 3:01:31 PM
Richard Davis from Calgary writes:
- Everything. By far the best processor around, better than most Xeon's. By far works better than 5960x
The architecture is completely perfect. AMD should never change anything they ever do.
- I wasn't able to get the Black Edition
- If you were smart, you would buy this. If you don't, you are just an Intel fanboy.
Wicked and quick
5/4/2014 3:44:09 PM
Zappdog from Calgary writes:
- I just built two boxes, one with the 8350 for a buddy and a 9590 for myself after testing the 8350. The 8350 had an Asus MB, 16 g and SSD. The 9590 has an Asus MB, 32 g and SSD, Both are lightning fast at anything you can throw at it. If you are going to build one of these expect to invest in a decent cooling fan and do not cheap out anywhere else. I used a Thermaltake Frio on both with no heat problems at all.
Highly recommended, for the cost, theres not much out there any better.
- Runs quite warm but decent cooling ( 220 watt minimum recommended for both) easily keeps it under control.
Otherwise no weaknesses
- Builds a top notch machine for the AMD fans
Amazing for Overclocking - Best Price to Performance you can get!
2/4/2014 11:18:55 PM
Andrew from Leduc, AB writes:
- I am an AMD guy through and through, and this chip did not disappoint
So, heres the good:
+ Amazingly stable to overclock. 4.4 GHz stable without even increasing voltage!!
+ 8 cores
- BUY AFTERMARKET COOLING WITH THIS PURCHASE!
- Heat. Shes a hot one. If you use the stock cooler on full load, it will make you fan sound like a leaf blower... But with inexpensive and reliable water cooling solutions out now, this is hardly a downside to the Price to Performance ratio of this chip.
- I can not recommend this enough. I very easily overclocked this to 4.8 Ghz and I know this chip can go higher. I am sitting stable at 4.8 GHz with simple closed loop water cooling. You can even go 4.4 GHz, without ever increasing voltage.
An amazing chip. Huge overclock headroom, just make sure your motherboard can handle overclocking and your laughing.
Nice at the Right price.
1/24/2014 1:36:20 PM
Morphious from Edmonton writes:
- Wickly fast .. easy to setup and great price point for the speed
- OEM fan ... should just keep it useless.
- I am very happy .. Don't buy new systems very often .. this should keep me current for a while.
AMD is back with a bang!
12/31/2013 5:01:28 PM
Terry from Fort McMurray writes:
- Great processor that is just as good as any Intel I've run. I switched back to AMD and made a new build for this and I must say it is a welcomed change.
I've run multiple programs in the background and gamed on steam and this chip doesn't even bat an eyelash.
- Like many other reviews state, get yourself an after market cooler. The stock cooler doesn't seem to cut it especially when running in turbo.
Other then the above stated. Nothing. Solid CPU, plain and simple.
- I am very pleased with this new series of AMD chips and must say they have won me back hands down.
I am a very hard core gamer (max details on everything at 1080p or it isn't worth it type of deal) and this CPU blows every game I've thrown at it right out of the water. Drop a decent video card in with it and your golden.
Simply put. Buy this thing!