The New AMD 8-Core Processors Are Now Faster Than Ever!
They are still unlocked for your overclocking pleasure, and it's still the only 8 core desktop processor around. AMD FX processors have broken records before and now it's your turn. Experience unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with a new architecture and great prices.
AMD FX-8350 8 Core CPU Black Edition
- AMD's 2nd Generation 8 Core desktop CPU
- 4.0GHz Stock Clock Rate
- Up to 4.2GHz with Turbo Core 2.0
- Up to 5.0 GHz with AMD cooling solutions
- Frame Rates up to 22% higher than last gen
- 8 Actual Cores; multitask with ease
- 16MB Combined L2 and L3 Cache
- Own the most advanced 3D games
Experience unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with a 4.0 GHz 32nm 8 Core desktop processor featuring the all-new "Vishera" architecture.
Get the speed you crave with AMD Turbo CORE 2.0 Technology that pushes the FX-8350 to 4.2GHz when you need it most. Go beyond the limits of maximum speed with easy-to-use AMD OverDrive™ and AMD Catalyst Control Center™ software suites.
You get all this performance at an unbelievable price. You'll be asking yourself "What Competition?" in no time.
- The next-generation architecture takes 8-core processing to a new level. Test the limits to play harder and get more done.
- Get up to 24% better frame rates in some of the most demanding games, at stunning resolutions.
- Incredible speed out of the box and more in the tank; AMD Turbo CORE Technology automatically kicks in, boosting performance to a user's varied workload.
- Get faster audio encoding so you can enjoy your music sooner.
- The groundbreaking AMD FX 8-Core Processor Black Edition comes unlocked. No premium to pay. No code to input. Just unrestrained, overclockable power right away.
- Go up to 5.0 GHz with aggressive cooling solutions from AMD
- With more speed than ever and more aggressive price points – New AMD FX Processors raise the bar for 8-core computing.
- Get up to 22% better frame rates than the previous generation in some of the most popular games.
AMD Turbo CORE 2.0 Technology
The AMD FX Processors come equipped with AMD Turbo CORE 2.0 Technology. AMD Turbo CORE 2.0 Technology is a performance boosting technology that helps increase performance on the applications that need it the most.
AMD Balanced Smart Cache
Shared L3 Cache 8MB
- Improved scheduling and pre-fetch capabilities
- 64-ways (16-ways/sub-cache)
- Increased data queue sizes
- Coherency for 8-cores
AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
- Shared FP Scheduler
- Dual 128-bit Floating point engines – capable of teaming together for 256-bit AVX instructions or operating separately with each core
- One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
- Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
- Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
BENEFIT: Optimized memory bandwidth to feed 8 cores more efficiently
Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
- A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller
- Supports up to DDR3-1866
- Supports new low voltage memories of 1.35V and 1.2V
- Up to 29.9GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3
- New Pre-Fetcher improvements
- Direct communications to each core in Dual-Core module (APIC registers in each core)
BENEFIT: Optimized memory controller to feed 8 cores more efficiently
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology with IOMMU
Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.
IOMMU is an extension to AMD64 architecture to support address translation and access protection on DMA transfers
- Security for User Level application and Virtual Machine guest operating system
- Address translation and access control
- Device isolation
- Device assignment in virtualized systems
- Security & trusted boot support
- Unified interrupt management
BENEFIT: Helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems
AMD PowerNow!™ Technology
- Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements
- C6 power state for cache flush, and voltage down individual core
- CC6 power state allows all cores in C6 to power even lower
- For quieter operation and reduced power requirements
- Separate memory controller power control
- IO-based c-state interface
- Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
- Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with no impact to performance.
BENEFIT: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor for quietness and reliability.
|Cores / Threads
||8 / 8
|Turbo Core 2.01
||4.1GHz with 8 Cores Operational
4.2GHz with 4 Cores Operational
||4 x 64KB Shared Instruction Caches
8 x 16KB Data Caches
||4 x 2MB Shared Exclusive Caches
||8MB Shared Cache
||Up to DDR3-1866MHz Unregistered DIMMs
Up to 5600MT/s full duplex on 16bit link
Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth or
Up to 16.0GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
Up to 21GB/second Dual Channel Memory Bandwidth
Total Combined Bandwidth:
Up to 37GB/s HyperTransport™ and Memory Bandwidth
|Thermal Design (TDP)