Well worth it
8/26/2013 3:09:23 PM
Woody from Calgary writes:
- Bought this and right out of the box no problems. Works fantastically well. I have it on my desk top running windows 7 with an I7, boots in 10 seconds no gliches nodda thing. If your using it for a mac there is a simple update for it. Wanna get another.
- Overall a great bye on sale or not, well worth the money!!
7/13/2013 9:16:51 AM
Dale from Devon writes:
- Obviously fast!
- Still pricey, but finally dropping to under $1/GB
Hard to find copy utilities from large HD to SSD. I recommend using MiniTool Partition Wizard (free) to reduce the size of your C: partition to SSD size (Win 7 can't reduce more than 50%) and EaseUS to copy it over (free - creates boot CD) - very simple!
- Installed on my new system (i7/4770K w/ Asus Z87-Pro) - knew it would perform much better, but I was surprised at how much! Yes, it boots fast - what surprises me though is when I log into Win 7, I used to wait for nearly a minute before things stopped loading, caching, etc...until things were "settled down" and performance stabilized. With this drive, you can load whatever program you want as fast as you can control your mouse. I log in and the desktop is up before my hand can move to mouse!
Best hard drive upgrade ever
7/2/2013 9:42:11 AM
Kam from Winnipeg writes:
- - very fast bootup times
- very fast data transfer times
- small footprint
- none that I know of
- This is my first SSD and I'm amazed by its speed. Takes just 10 seconds to boot up Windows 7. Also fast load up times for big programs like Photoshop and smoking fast file transfer speeds. I'm now convinced an SSD is one of the best investments you can put into your PC.
5/26/2013 11:01:42 PM
Jin from Calgary writes:
- Great Product
- First time to buy and install a SSD (no experience installing HDD). Took time to figure out that I need to reformat it first to make it usable. After this hassle, everything went well. I wish it's a plug and play.
Supes up the boot ups
5/26/2013 8:28:14 AM
Kurt from Edmonton writes:
- Boots my system up on average 8 seconds (windows 8) less for my linux partitions. Still loads desktop blazing fast with heavy start up impact programs like Rainmeter. Games that are installed on it seem to run better seeing as my graphics card is a little out dated so that was a great suprise!
- None I can find
- Great SSD. Period.
Plays great with Macs
5/20/2013 1:34:43 PM
Barry from Edmonton writes:
- Performs and plays well in MacBook Pros and Mac Minis.
- As the OP mentioned, it does not ship with chocolate.
- I've installed 6 of these units over the past year in a number of client machines, as well as my own. These include MacBook Pros (from the 2008/09 Core2Duo models to the current i5/i7 offerings), and Mac Minis. No issues seen with MacOS 10.6.8, 10.7.x or 10.8.x.
Sandisk REALLY EXTREME
4/16/2013 10:12:14 PM
Jonathan from Calgary writes:
- Bought it today $169.00 one day only,from N W Branch. Literally 7ish sec. boot up time. On my Macpro Mid-2010 13 inch.
- NONE so far
- Highly Recommended , nuff said :)
As Usual Memory Express Crew ROCKS!!!!!
No problems on this Mac...
1/11/2013 6:25:06 PM
Sammy Sandisk from Edmonton writes:
- Contrary to the other review, this thing works great on my MBPro 2012. As it wasn't an 'Apple branded' drive TRIM support had to be enabled with a free program called Trim Enabler. I'm not even sure if it was even needed, cause as I said it functions fine. Quick start ups and my battery life shot to over 8 hours. I can't sit that long though ;)
- It didn't come with chocolate. It did come with a little Sandisk sticker though ...but that ain't chocolate.
- Works great. Easy to install. Bought it on sale for $160 somthing. As the Freezer Geezer guy from the Simpsons once said; "What a wonderful time to be alive."
GREAT VALUE and Performance for the money!!!!
12/26/2012 11:13:59 AM
Tom from Calgary writes:
- Fast and reliable. I run one in my own desktop.
I recommend these to all my clients as an instant performance hop up on new systems
or if overhauling a used system.
Always update the firmware on an SSD drive immediately after the installation of Windows.
It cone with Reviosion 201. Current is Revision 211.
- None on Windows-based PCs.
Can't say about Macs as we only have one and it has another brand in it.
Fast and Smooth
12/25/2012 2:26:17 AM
Steph from Winnipeg, MB writes:
- -Fast installation
-Lightning quick response
- -No 2.5 inch mounting bracket
- Got it on sale at 160$, well worth it so far.
We'll see how it lasts in the long run. Be sure to always do your research before choosing a product. This one performs very closely to the high-end Intel and Crucial SSDs, but for considerably cheaper. I recommend this drive if you want speed. Boot time after POST from "Starting windows" to using my computer is less than 5 seconds.