5/17/2013 3:07:14 PM
Dave from Calgary writes:
- Speed is okay, small, easy to carry, stylish carrying case
- Stopped working after only 4 months of use. Unfortunately, it took with it several hundred photos from my vacation with no way to recover what was lost :(
- There has to be something better out there. If you choose to get one of these, I would suggest the extended warranty. If you really want to keep your data safe, make extra copies of whatever you put on this device.
3/3/2013 4:45:50 AM
Jordan from Calgary writes:
-fast as could be expected (~60MB/sec write on USB 3.0)
- -powers down with an audible click, sometimes in the middle of streaming media
-causes stream media to stutter sometimes
- the above has made me feel as if the drive has had bad sectors or other mechanical problems since day one, risking all data on the drive, but so far so good
- luck of the draw, buyer beware...any of these drives could be a dud, but it could also work fine for years and years
1/25/2013 3:45:30 PM
HL from Edmonton writes:
- Not to expensive, small, has a nice white blinky LED.
- Slow, extremely horrendous slow write speeds. When trying to backup 348 GB of data, after two hours it just got to the 45.5 GB mark. This is using the WD backup software. Doing a simple copy paste test was no faster. If you have all weekend to do a major back up this may be useable but if your time is valuable or your backing up projects on the fly get something else.
- Also of note, the physical hard drive in the plastic box is a special drive, there are no SATA connectors so you can't even take the drive in a PC or laptop to see if the slowdown is in the WD interface. The only thing I've seen that’s slower than this box, and only by a miniscule amount, is the Patriot NAS.
I’m taking this back for a refund.
Works great....while it works
12/16/2012 1:18:15 PM
Sean Bailly from Calgary writes:
- The first one I got stopped working altogether after a couple of weeks, so I got a replacement. After 10 months the second one suddenly had an incredibly low transfer rate making it virtually useless: so I got another replacement. About 14 months after that, the third one fails completely. So three of these have stopped working in the last two years. No more Western Digital for me.
Very good quality
11/14/2012 12:31:25 PM
Pengfei from Edmonton writes:
- Fast, portable, reliable
- no as far as i know
- it's in a great shape, good quality and fairly price.
10/9/2012 1:20:45 PM
Nelson from Edmonton writes:
- small, usb 3.0
- Drive constantly disconnect/reconnects when in use
- Have one at home and work just bought one. Both have issue where drive is continueously connecting and disconnecting.
Read several reviews online (google "wd 1tb external hard drive disconnects") that say issue is bad cable. Purchased new cable from MemEx and while slightly better I am still getting 1-5 disconnects a minute while copying.
Awesome little drive!!!
9/5/2012 3:39:48 PM
Jim from Calgary writes:
- Small, Capacity, Stays cool, Price
- The cable needs to be a little longer, but not a real big issue. I just added a USB 3.0 extension cable.
- I have had this for about a month now and no issues. Transfer rates are good as advertised. The drive stays nice and cool, this was a concern when I bought it, but it doesn't produce much heat at all. Overall I am very pleased with this drive, I just hope it lasts. Time will tell.
Worked great for a while....
8/17/2012 1:39:39 AM
EJ from Sherwood Park writes:
- Worked great for a while
- Crapped out after about 14 months service. Not acceptable.
- Not sure I'd buy another without insurance.