Amazing bargain of the century
9/9/2013 9:08:37 PM
Abs from montreal writes:
- One thing I was looking for in my next monitor was deep blacks and high contrast. This does not disappoint. I had purchased an aoc ips monitor from this site but had to return it due to terrible light bleed and speakers so bad you think your hallucinating. But on this, picture is beautiful and sound is clear and goes to very high levels without distortion. And at the price I found it, 200$, an absolute steal. I just got it so cant tell for long run but so far so good
- like may have said, perhaps not a super gaming monitor at high frame rates but after playing grid 2, I couldnt tell that much of a difference as it was very playable. Oh and the design is pretty bad compared to lets say the new ips monitors such as asus or aoc with no bezel aluminium trims but at 200$ cheaper, I can live with that :) Also controls on the side not so easy.
- Overall this monitor is an amazing deal for everything you get.
Big Bright Benq
4/4/2013 2:49:26 PM
Kam from Winnipeg writes:
- Very bright picture
Deep black levels
HD content looks amazing
Pleasingly small footprint for the size of monitor
Monitor and stand assembles easily
- Blindingly bright at default settings
Can't adjust LCD backlight level
Viewing angle is not very wide
Side control buttons not the most user friendly
Monitor stand adequate but not particularly sturdy
- This is a welcome upgrade from my old square 19" monitor. The Benq was simple to put together and sits well on my desk. Out of the box, the picture was uncomfortably bright, but once calibrated is much more tolerable. Too bad there is no direct control for the LCD backlight. HD video and movies look fantastic. Black levels are also very good, at least comparable to my TV. Overall this is a very capable monitor -- just dial down the brightness.
12/31/2012 2:08:45 PM
justin from ste-anne writes:
- The whole thing.. its great, huge, color, brightness, size, material all of it.
- its strong platisc
- the stand is amazing still and not wobly although if you move it with force the screen will wobble and not the stand
- the brightness is amazing i put it in the options to gamer from standard (standard had a warm feeling whites where like a yellow white and in gamer its WHITE)
- the size is crazy compared to my h233h acer 23.5"
- ALL OF IT.
- nothing that i can think of, its great/
- for the price 329.99 i was a little iffy on it but when it was 269.99 i was sold for it but then the next day was boxing day and it went for 199.99 and i took one right away. i was going to take 1-2 more but money was an issue right after christmas but amazing product, the box and protection level was outstanding so much padding and plastic etc. although it only has 1 hdmi its all good.
- it did come with a vga cable though which was a downside
- great for what i paid 199.99 and in general for 329.99 its not bad. but maybe for that price a 27" with 2 hdmi would have been a better pick although great product from BenQ keep up the good shit
PS: i have not noticed any blue and green from the panel its very nice and bright.
VA panel too which is great.
Please delete my last review
12/30/2012 5:41:05 PM
Ron O from Calgary writes:
- Good size and colors for price
- Further testing shows that the Raspberry Pi does work fine with this monitor. The slow HDMI detection on my laptop may be due to a driver issue as well. Please cancel the last review I posted. Sorry about that.
Cheaper alternative to an HDTV
12/29/2012 8:34:58 PM
Kevin from Calgary writes:
- Multiple connections, HDMI, VGA, DVI and a Green/Black for audio
Size for Price during the sale!
Runs great with the Xbox 360, PS3 untested but I would assume its the same quality
- The speakers are OK but I would suggest getting an alternative speaker setup for your consoles but Memex or The Source should have all you need to do this such as the Startech Video Game Jockey.
- For the price I bought this during the Boxing week sale its worth the money since I'd be spending at least $400+ for a decent HDTV.
In order to setup the monitor for HDMI you actually have to connect this to your computer first via VGA or DVI -> Enter the setup menu -> Go to the last pane -> Switch HDMI auto switch to "ON" -> Unplug the monitor and retest with your consoles/PC
11/24/2012 7:12:16 PM
A guy from Calgary writes:
- Great dollar/price ratio
LED backlit - bright and colorful
- Very quiet speakers
HDMI interface requires a bit of fiddling - I had to plug in another video device before it would let me at the menu to turn on the HDMI connection. Also had to adjust the scaling manually to get it to fit the screen
- This thing is an amazing deal, and one can have a good functioning 27" HDMI monitor with a tiny bit of fiddling.
What's even better is that when I found out it's not really what I wanted, the guys at Memex didn't hesistate at all to do an exchange on the same day for me. I came here to write a review about the monitor I returned, just based on how great the customer service is, and always has been.
Every single cent
11/19/2012 5:25:44 PM
Lorenzo from Calgary writes:
- You can view the screen from any angle, up, down, from the side, colors, and images remain sharp and saturated. I'm amazed how good this screen is, considering how much I payed for it. Furthermore, perhaps not noteworthy for many customers, but for those in question. It has an option for a mountable bracket, which, few to none, Samsung models have.
- For the price. None.
10/20/2012 10:43:47 PM
Kent Harvey Caballero from Calgary SE writes:
- WOW for the price I got this at 249.99$ 80$ off the regular price is amazing! and I got a 3 year warranty for the entire monitor from BenQ what an amazing deal and its perfect because its beautiful and its thin and light and there's an HDMI for my PS3 which is makes the value much better!! Colour or the vibrancy is amazing, its very bright and the contrast is very strong!
- The only thing that I was very disappointed is the accessory, just a power cable, manual CD and a VGA cable, I mean come on just a VGA! They could have at least stepped that up.
- A very good monitor for the price! I love VA panels this is my first one and I am sold never buying any more lower quality panels in the future only VA or IPS and PLS in the future for me! For this you can't go wrong! Only advice buy DVI cable and its gotta be DVI-D (digital) the input doesn't accept DVI-I cables which is fine for me I don't like to use analog.
Best 27" for the price
7/23/2012 2:29:05 PM
WhippWhapp from Cowtown writes:
- OSD & buttons
Glossy bezel- but what electronics aren't glossy black these days?
Looks like the panel has a green/blue push
- Had to replace my Samsung 305t because of the limited input options (only dual link DVI), and I must say I was sad to see it go, but the Benq comes very close.
At this price I might get two more for triple screen goodness again.