4/8/2013 2:35:53 PM
Dan from British Columbia writes:
- Picture quality was great, size of monitor versus price seemed exceptional.
- - Monitor began flickering when coming out of sleep mode within the first day. When restarting the computer, the monitor would turn itself off after 5 seconds. The only fix was to unplug the power and plug it back in, which was unacceptable. Item returned to Memory Express and still awaiting a replacement.
- Had to spend $20 extra on an HDMI cable to utilize digital. Would be nice to have a DVI cable included.
- So far, not impressed with this purchase. That may change if the new one arrives and works properly.
4/4/2013 10:17:34 PM
kyle from Edmonton alberta writes:
- beautiful color
- doesnt come with a HDMI cord
started flickering when it wakes up from sleep mode.
Flickering monitor within first month
2/15/2013 11:10:51 PM
Alex from Calgary writes:
- Looks beautiful
- After a week the monitor started flickering and would get worse and worse. This problem happens ONLY when you start the monitor after a long period of inactivity. It will happen if you turn it on OR resume it from standby. Flickering is not an acceptable problem from a manufacturer with such high esteem.
- Extremely dissapointed in my monitor purchase.
Great bang for buck.
2/11/2013 12:24:55 PM
Brian from Saskatoon writes:
- Great clarity, nice brightness, amazing price. I have two other LG 23" monitors [one died, I had three before] surrounding it and it looks considerably better than those.
I'm a fan.
- - Bit annoying to get setup, but likely due to user error :)
- Makes my 23" monitors around it look tiny
Works good but could be improved.
2/2/2013 2:04:49 PM
Sidney from Alberta writes:
- Big screen, fancy red/black finish, has a nice stand with the appearance of glass.
- The stand on the monitor is cheap, Don't even know if i can take it off. My new monitor sits lop-sided as the stand is to weak to keep it sturdy/balanced. I would also like to see some Pre-settings for when it comes to Gaming, browsing internet, videos, i see it allot on other monitors. Would be easier then manually having to come up with a setting for you're colors to make it look for vivid.
Touch sensitive feature does not always seem to activate the buttons.
- I would like to see a better monitor stand, as the one they have on has to much movement and the stand is not functional when it comes to changing the angle for the way the monitor sits aka tilting back or forward.
Poor design, failed first month
1/25/2013 3:04:14 AM
Doug Tat from Calgary writes:
- I picked up one of these 27 inch monitors. I based my selection on the 2 msec resonse time and the popularity of the Samsung name. I had it for a month, it seemed like an OK monitor. Colours were good, better be for the price!!
- This was my second negative experience with Sumsung, and dispite the bad reaction to a 46 inch Samsung LED TV I had bought and returned, I picked up one of these 27 inch monitors. The screen took a few seconds to wake up from a sleep mode. When it wakes up there is an anoying setup menu on the lower right corner of the screen for a five seconds. One day when it woke up from a sleep the screen was flickering! Like a strobe. Yup, I returned it right away, Seven others returned for the issue
- Sumsung is over rated, Big company, low quality. Don't waste your time like I did!!! My 27 ASUS I exchanged it for I actually like better. Boots up in a split second from sleep mode, no anoying menu and colour are super rich, 2msec response time, PIP, speakers and more!!
Nice Monitor for the price.
12/31/2012 2:52:25 PM
RyanG from Edmonton writes:
- 27" monitor for $230 can't be beat
Very bright out of the box if you like that, I set mine to 50% though.
Played many games on it and no noticeable ghosting or input lag.
Looks nice on my desk
Again PRICE!!! it is great for the price.
- Problem with flickering for some people when it first turns on. I returned it and got a new one and it worked fine. They told me there was like 5 returns for flickering but they couldn't reproduce it so it could just be a problem on some rigs.
Stand is not adjustable
Max resolution of 1920x1080
VGA cable... seriously?
No DVI support
- I am happy with my purchase especially for the price I paid, if I had more money I would spend it on the higher end models though that support higher resolutions.
8/17/2012 5:45:37 PM
Scott from Edmonton writes:
- good value for the price.
easy to install.
love the black and red finish on the panel.
- It include a VGA cable instead of a HDMI or DVI cable, VGA cable is like the worst of these 3, so you will need to spend an extra 10 dollar to get yourself a HDMI cable.
8/6/2012 9:59:35 PM
Marshall from Edmonton writes:
- Very deep blacks and Vibrant colors. Definately a step up from my BenQ G2412HD. No dead pixels and lots of user modes in the menu to customize your preferred look. Very stable stand with piano black finish that keeps your workspace stylish.
- Touch sensitive menu buttons aren't preferred as it is always nice to feel a button depress than hope the sensor picked up your finger's touch.
- Superb Samsung quality in a nice 27" LED package. No dead pixels with the sharpest image reproduction from any monitors I have tried. Many panel presets that are bound to catch your eye without manual adjustments. Excellent bang for buck!
Just wish it was 120hz now :)
Definately getting another one soon
Great 27 inch monitor
6/13/2012 1:40:17 PM
James from Calgary writes:
- Very deep blacks
minimal backlight bleed
Seems to be an improvement over the s27a350h model.
Samsung warranty replaced my monitor with no problems at all.
- I originally purchased the Samsung s27A350h. After a month of use, a stuck pixel started to appear, and then it would come and go for the next 3 months. I called up Samsung, and they replaced my s27a350h with a s27b350h.
There is no stuck or dead pixels, backlight bleed is almost non-existant (very little light bleed along the bottom, only noticeable in a dark room when monitor is displaying something dark). Even the contrast to my eyes, seems slightly better than my s27a350h once set up.