Great for office or photography, not so great for gaming
11/29/2012 4:13:49 PM
Kent from Calgary writes:
- - Price (I got it for $199)
- Excellent out of the box tuning
- Extremely high quality build and parts (metal stand/frame/etc)
- Excellent picture quality, contrast, colors
- Excellent viewing angles
- -The 8MS and 60HZ is just too slow for even games like DOTA2, if you have a trained/sensitive eye. IF you can notice the difference between 50 and 60FPS, you'll notice the slight blur (Due to the 8ms and 60hz). You can get away playing games if you can deal with the consistent motion blur and/or if you're not playing FPS games.
- Get this monitor if you need it for work or photography, for the regular retail price - you should look elsewhere if you're doing this for gaming.
-DOTA2 (minimal blur)
-Battlefield 3 (consistent blur, especially on weapon and high action parts in multiplayer)
-Counter Strike GO/Source (same issues as BF3)
Ran at settings that would have Constant max fps + VSYNC on
11/6/2012 7:53:29 AM
Shaun Ot from Edmonton, AB writes:
- - Bright Screen
- Clear text
- Vertical height adjustment
- VESA Mount
- A four port USB hub would be nice, basically with a two port, you get one extra.
- Monitor has a great picture, using it daily for coding work, text is sharp and the screen is bright. The built-in vertical height adjustment is a big plus as most monitors only offer tilt. There is a also a VESA mount so if you have a desk bracket you can mount this monitor.
Great panel, clear texts.
9/30/2012 5:26:04 PM
Mike from Calgary writes:
- The design is great with the thin bezel and paint brushed surface. There are ports for VGA, DVI, and display port with the included cables as well, which is plus in my books. The monitor swivels and rotates.
- So far none, Samsung makes great panels and for this price, it's awesome.
9/18/2012 9:58:10 AM
Kaiser from Calgary, AB writes:
- - matte bezel
- wide viewing angle
- the height adjustable stand is the best I've seen. the base for it wide as well (won't topple over)
- great contrast/brightness
- great sale price ($220)
- - there is a bit of latency as Jeff had mentioned
- This is a great monitor for those who are looking for something simple that has both form and function. Due to the slow response time, hardcore gamers and action movies fans may want to look elsewhere though.
Excellent monitor for the price
8/15/2012 11:34:33 AM
Eric from Winnipeg writes:
- -Very crisp picture
-Bright, vibrant display
-Lots of options in the menu
- -Response time could be better
- Overall, a very good monitor. Even though the response time is a bit sluggish, it still is quick enough for fast paced gaming, and is excellent for watching videos and movies.
Some of the best picture quality I 've ever seen.
6/6/2012 1:08:36 PM
Jeff from winnipeg, MB writes:
- Got this last week, color representation, contrast and brightness are all top tier, the picture looked super sharp and even windows 7 interface's color scheme seems different. The monitor felt heavy and decent, the elegent, flexible stand and column plays nicely. at $219 this is a true bang for your buck.
- Only thing was the power brick and the monitors response time, some fast rolling scences of a film could become tiny bit choppy. Maybe I was picky.
- all in all, buy this, own it, love it, the end.