4/16/2013 6:53:48 PM
dean from calgary writes:
- This is a reference card that will accept reference water blocks for water cooling. For the people out there that have been struggling due to the lack of information available there you have it.
Great card runs everything! Cannot complain and happy its running under water.
- None so far
- Highly recommend If you want to water cool this is the card that works. Reference cards are very hard to find... this is one of them.
Running Cool. Running Strong!
3/6/2013 10:26:32 AM
Peter from Canmore, AB writes:
- Smaller GPU footprint = less electricity = less heat. This style of video card blower fan is excellent! Works very well at sucking out hot air from inside your case and blowing it through the GPU heatsink and out the back of your case. Card runs cooler then I thought it would, considering I purchased two, plugged them into an Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 motherboard and have them running at 99% 24/7 a day for a distributed computing project that I'm working on - I expected mega heat. Not so!
- Ya that sticker is a little cheezy, but that has nothing to do with AMD or MemX. That's HIS for you. Easily removed. This is a large card, so if you have a small case and this thing doesn't fit - don't leave a bad review. Just upgrade cases. I suggest the Corsair 200R. :)
- When on sale, a very good deal. AMD 28nm power without limitations! I do not overclock video cards, so I'm not sure if there's any potential there... nonetheless, it's a 7970 powerhouse! Whatever you decide to throw at it, I'm sure it will not falter. A good buy IMO.
Very good card!
4/7/2012 12:21:12 PM
Taylor P from Calgary writes:
- Its a nice card is all I can say, its a massive upgrade from my old 9500 GT.
Overclocking this card is trivial. I have the core clock at 1125 MHz and it took
- I don't know why but HIS decided to put an ugly sticker to set it's reference 7970 from the
other 7970. -1 star
- Awesome card, and at the time for this review, this card was cheapest card out of all the 7970's and the GTX 680.
BLAZING FAST WITH POWER TO SPARE!
1/28/2012 10:31:02 AM
Kris D from Calgary Area writes:
- Quieter then my last dual GPU(much)
easily trumps the 6k series by FAR
will only get better with new driver updates
Underclocked, so you can move the sliders all the way to the right and it still runs without a hitch!
Faster then anything else almost as fast as the current dual GPU kings,this card is definitely WORTH IT!
- Not many,size perhaps,but we've become accustomed to it now.
- Just when you think you have the best 6 months later it's not. lol At any rate just for an example i am running an I7920 with 12 GB DDR3, 750W PSU 42" Screen Razer Mamba mouse,Saitek keyboard.....Playing BF3 with the 5970 i was able to max everything but could not go past 2xmsaa as the frame rates would drop to unplayable at 4. With this card i get 90+ in multiplayer games with everything maxed out and that's not o'clocked, This card is severely UNDERCLOCKED as well. It is very o'clock friendl