2/26/2015 8:02:27 PM
Dave from Calgary writes:
- - Fans came with
- Easy installation of all PC parts
- Cable management on the back plane was great
- Sound deadening on panels and rubber mounts everywhere
- - requires both side panels removed to remove HDD/SSD, but they are easily remobed
- Coming from an older case, this was an enjoyable transfer of my PC. I have no problems recommending it.
Classy Chassis Delivers the Goods
2/14/2015 1:08:40 PM
Garth from Calgary writes:
- - Solid, rigid.
- A pleasure to work with.
- Quick release push-buttons for panel removal. At last, curse-free side panels.
- Big cutout on the inside back panel so you can do a custom cooling solution without pulling the MOBO.
- Excellent cable management.
- Quietest cooling I have ever heard. With Zalman CNPS20LQ liquid cooler you almost think you have gone deaf. Amazing.
- Pre-mounted rubber cushioned standoffs.
- Lots of extra standoffs, screws etc.
- Many drive bays.
- Looks fantastic.
- None, but some observations:
- Font-to-back dimension same as full tower. If you want smallest possible footprint in a mid then maybe not for you.
- Braggarts take note. Easy to do a beautiful build with this case but no side windows or flashing fan lights to show off your work. Only lighting is for the power switch. Must take off the side panel to display the innards.
- No PC speaker. I pinched one from an old XP still hanging around. Get one with a plug for a few cents at any computer store.
- Truly a Mercedes Benz of a case. Think "Quiet Elegance", "Handsome, "Professional". Gorgeous appearance with brushed metal and full front panel cover that still lets the fans draw air. I have built many PCs and like full towers because they are so easy to work with. This mid-unit is at least as good as the very best full towers I have done. Corsair rocks. A trifle pricey for a mid but worth it. Icing on this cake is fantastic Memory Express order processing and Canada Post expedited delivery.
5/23/2012 7:35:11 PM
Cody from Saskatoon writes:
- Dust Filters!!!!!!!!
it's a 500R with Dust filters and sound padding. What more could you ask for?
H100 on low with a 2500K over clocked to 4.6 GHz (replaced thermal paste and added extra fans) keeps the CPU under 60 under Folding@Home Load. So your temps should not spike too bad
- It could really benefit from a hard drive back plane on the cages so that you don't have to open both sides for one hard drive. (-1/2 star)
It is only as quiet as the fans inside. With a H100 on max it can be loud. (quibble)
With a mATX board the middle vertical routing grommet can get a little crowed if you are not careful. (quibble)
- Was going to get the 500R on special a few months back but decided to wait when I saw the announcement for this. Could not be happier. So much better than my old centurion 590. Cable management is easy and it is fairly quiet. Looks clean too. Magnetic Dust Filters will hopefully stop me from having to blow out my h100 every other month.