Great monitor if you know how to change profile
3/21/2013 11:16:27 PM
Matt from Calgary writes:
- - 1080p
- 2 ms response time
- Preset gaming profiles
- - Nothing
- If you know how to change the monitor settings it can easily be changed so its not bright, set the monitor to standard picture mode and everything will be normal.
3/20/2013 12:11:38 AM
Lester from Winnipeg writes:
- Great for games that are RTS
Response times are decent
RTS Mode washes out colors but it not bad when gaming RTS games
You'll need to tweak some of your settings on windows or what os you have to get the best possible
display and color accuracy.
its a 1080p monitor but i try to custom resolution to 1920x1200 IT WORKS! now using as a 1200p
i bought this last December 2012 and i got it for about $170+! great deal from memory express
- its a TN monitor
color accuracy not as good as IPS monitor
60hz refresh rate but still decent
- great for RTS
get this if you play a lot or that kind of game
other than that its a great overall monitor
You get for what you pay for
1/2/2013 8:59:28 AM
Ed from Calgary writes:
- - Cheap 24" monitor
- Easy to setup
- Height adjustable stand
- monitor-arm compatible
- built-in cable organizer on the back
- - compared to other monitors, this has to be one of the worst default quality screen setup I have ever seen. Washed-out colours and brightness that caused bleeding everywhere.
- the 2ms GTG - I haven't seen the performance.
- I get more ghosting just scrolling my monitor in a browser 2D mode than in Queens Park cemetary.
- After figuring out how to properly setup the monitor - they're pretty good. Comparied to my previous Samsungs I had, these monitors are no where the pixel quality or sharpness I had with the smaller 22" monitor (dot pixel quality is poor). I'm running 3 of these primarily for gaming and second for work where I need multiple screens. As a gaming monitor, it's good value and they are 'gaming' monitors afterall. As work/multimedia - I would not recommend.
6/19/2012 9:27:10 AM
SooYeon from Calgary, AB writes:
- - For gaming the 2ms response time is second to none, I don't get any ghosting whatsoever
- When playing RTS the RTS mode is definitely a bonus, it did make seeing units on the minimap a lot easier to see
- build quality of the monitor is good too
- HAS (Height adjustable stand) is a nice feature for the monitor
- - It comes with a VGA cable.... c'mon, did someone at BENQ realize they had a stockpile of VGA cables they had to get rid of? On top of that my VGA cable was faulty, so I was getting flickering, I had to buy a DVI cable cause of this
- Menus are a bit confusing at start and takes a while for you to adjust the colors
- At first the colors do seem a bit green, but that's because default mode is RTS
- Good monitor for gaming, take a bit of getting used to if you don't want to keep changing the settings from gaming to normal use
I will buy a 2nd one later this week
Quite good ...after some adjustment.
6/5/2012 12:01:17 PM
Peter from Winnipeg writes:
- - Height adjustable stand (HAS)...very nice for $200 monitor.
- 2ms response great for games and movies.
- There are HDMI, DVI, and VGA ports, not sure how other reviewer missed them.
- Good quality control: no dead or stuck pixels on mine.
- - Unbelievably bright with washed out colors out of the box. Needed much adjustment, see below.
- Comes with VGA cable only...should really have a DVI cable or HDMI in the box!
- You can select various viewing modes and color/contrast schemes by intended use
(ie. photo, movies, low energy, and RGB/color enhanced) as well as three customizable settings (gaming 1,2 and 3). After spending MUCH time trying to reduce the brightness and increase the color intensity manually, I found that simply choosing the preset 'photrealistic' color setting, reducing the brightness further down to '50' and then saving as custom gaming preset #1 did the trick for me. Now looks amazing!
Ummm... There's an HDMI port right beside the VGA.
3/31/2012 3:04:15 PM
Chris from Edmonton, AB writes:
- Decent for the performance + Adjustable Stand
- Maybe lacking the colour dynamics of other monitors but I rely more on the speed of which i can see my opponent to what colour he got that diamondback body armour in.
- You pay for what you get.
P.S. It has an HDMI port beside the VGA port Derek from Richmond, BC. I was from Richmond too! Wooo ASIANS!
3/22/2012 7:44:27 PM
Derek from Richmond, BC writes:
- - Good response time
- Height adjustable stand is perfect.
- - Colour is lacking
- Mine has an issue with the power button where it seems to have trouble turning on every now and then.
- VGA CABLE ONLY!
- I understand it's a gamers monitor built on response time, but the response time is rated at the same speed as my 5 year old "middle of the road" Samsung LCD. The lack of colour is severly lacking, gets slightly better with the custom settings. The thing that really put me off the most is that a company who makes "high end monitors" would include only a VGA cable. I've never opened a computer box from any other manufacturer that didn't have more parts and accessories that I would ever need.