all about seagate hard drives
5/18/2016 11:26:47 PM
Oleg Gritsev from Calgary writes:
and nothing positive about Seagate.
- U N R E L I A B L E !!!! .
May fall at any time.
Non recomment at all ! WD much better !
High Failure rate.
Complicated and expensive data recovery from these hard drives.
- Good for temporary data transfer, second copy and desktop operation if you have backup.
I am not recomment keep important data and use it in important data storage like NAS, DAS ,RAID.
I used it before in RAID array and one day i have 3 hard drive faled from 8 drives at same time when i turn power on one day !
to be honest - Seagate became like a rubbish for me.
1.5 years till dead.
12/30/2015 10:45:04 AM
Trevor B from Edmonton writes:
- Dead with limited use as a storage drive after 1.5 years. Follows the rest of the larger format drives and my experience with them. They don't seem to last as long as the WD's I've had in the past.
- Will not be purchasing another large format Seagate drive even if the price is low. Don't waste your money on these drives. Pay the little bit extra to skip the frustration.
9/30/2015 9:24:25 PM
Ryan from Calgary writes:
- High Failure rate, all 3 that I bought are dead. DO NOT BUY
High Failure rate!
9/8/2015 11:33:14 AM
Larry Cushnuk from Calgary writes:
- Reasonable capacity for the price, at the time.
- I have been using Seagate drives for many many years... but have had 3 of these drives fail on me within 2 years and always outside of warranty so it has cost me a fair bit.
As I was using them as a backup raid (0) set, for performance, a failure meant loss of my backups!
I think I'll have to look elsewhere for reliability now too even if it means paying a bit more.
- As per the MANY similar reviews I think Seagate should be fixing this issue!!!!!!!.
Dead after 1.5 years
8/18/2015 7:53:09 PM
LRO from Winnipeg writes:
- Bought four drives for my home NAS. Two drives failed after 1.5 years within 4 days of each other. Was able to buy a new drive the next day and rebuild my RAID before having the 2nd drive fail and I went thru the same exercise of rebuilding my RAID again.
7/9/2015 2:31:38 AM
Andy from Calgary writes:
- Been running in a Synology (Hybrid Raid) for 2.5 years. About 8 hours per day
Ran Crystal disk info, and looking good.
- Can get hot due to 7200rpm. Keep em well ventilated for peace of mind.
- Good drive. Solid daily service for 2.5 years.
good until it failed 2 years in
2/10/2015 1:28:35 PM
RD from Winnipeg writes:
- decent size
- failed after 2 years
- failed with no warning. lost whatever wasn't backed up. you basically need two of these drives mirrored just in case
High Failure Rate
1/30/2015 7:23:10 PM
Sean E from Calgary writes:
- High failure rate
- I've have two in a RAID 1 configuration and I've had to replace 2 of them in the past 2 years. It's just long-term storage like photos and such, too, not heavy use. Very low reliability.
Gets me every time...
1/29/2015 11:36:57 PM
Nelson from Regina, SK writes:
- - Inexpensive
- Relatively quick (while functioning)
- - Ridiculously high failure rate
- Out of 8 Seagate's I've bought over the last decade, 4 have bit the dust. I've never actually had a different brand fail (out of 5 other drives). Every time I swear I'm never buying one again, I get seduced by the lower price and promises of them having fixed their ways. Never again!
1/12/2015 11:17:09 AM
Andy from Calgary writes:
- none that sets this drive apart from its competition
- Less than two years and 1 of 2 drives has failed, the other has errors and is likely dying
- I do not recommend this drive.