7/9/2015 2:31:38 AM
Andy from Calgary writes:
- Been running in a Synology (Hybrid Raid) for 2.5 years. About 8 hours per day
Ran Crystal disk info, and looking good.
- Can get hot due to 7200rpm. Keep em well ventilated for peace of mind.
- Good drive. Solid daily service for 2.5 years.
good until it failed 2 years in
2/10/2015 1:28:35 PM
RD from Winnipeg writes:
- decent size
- failed after 2 years
- failed with no warning. lost whatever wasn't backed up. you basically need two of these drives mirrored just in case
Failed after 18 months
11/4/2014 10:53:23 AM
Jeeverz from Red Deer writes:
- Good price for lots of storage
- Failure rate in INSANE!
- Buy this drive if you need lots to maybe transfer massive amounts of data temporarily. Never use as storage device.
Cheap and sturdy
10/20/2014 9:48:39 AM
Jay from Nova Scotia writes:
- Cheaper than WD
Works in RAID/NAS/AHCI
- Bought 3 of them over a year ago, still going strong. price has jumped up though
7/27/2014 8:42:47 AM
Scott from Calgary writes:
- Lots of space for cheap
- Like others on this list, my drive has failed in under a year. First time I've had a drive do that in over a decade. Won't be buying another Seagate!
Failed after 2 years
7/21/2014 8:24:13 PM
phapon from Kamloops writes:
- It was plenty fast enough and large enough for my needs.
- Unreliable. Failed after just two years (warranty was 1 year.)
- It was failing for some time, but I misread the signs -- thought it was the portable drive sitting beside it that was occasionally clicking rhythmically. I was wrong. If you use this drive, have a good back up system. I have to rate this drive low because I'm still relying on Hitachi and Western Digital drives which are twice the age of this one. No one wants to accept a short life-span to gain a large capacity.
Great Until it failed
6/17/2014 8:02:15 PM
Thanh from Calgary writes:
- Massive storage at an inexpensive price and at 7200 RPM.
- Reliability, it failed after about 6 months.
- I had it as my data drive for 6 months before it failed out of the blue. Lucky I paid for in store replacement. Not my first bad experience with Seagate and it has been a while since I own a Seagate. I'll be a while longer before I own another one. Guys at memory express should post warranty return statistic to help us make a better decision.
Not so reliable in a NAS device
5/8/2014 9:51:16 PM
Bruce from Edmonton writes:
- Good Storage, Good Speed.
- Not so reliable. Purchased four 3TB drive 18 months ago. One failed 6 weeks, the second one failed this week. I am afraid the other two drive will fail soon.
- I will be looking for a different drive going forward.
Died after 1 year
12/25/2013 7:25:17 AM
Rajiv from Red Deer writes:
- Got it for a good price
- Bought it July 12 2012 and it died on November 30 2013, so just over a year. It only comes with a 1 year warranty through Seagate so that is that.
- Check warranty, I had bad luck with this drive
Drive is great... Until it fails
12/1/2013 10:24:52 PM
Josh from Edmonton writes:
- Lots of space and a cheap purchase price.
- Poor quality, fails if you look at it wrong.
If you buy this drive, expect to count the lifespan in months not years.
- Failed after about 11 months, buy the extended warranty. Seagate's quality is very poor and should be used only for non-essential data. If you're using this as your primary backup, you're buying some future hassles. Don't bother, just spring for a more reliable company.