3930K A Beast
2/19/2013 10:34:49 AM
Stewart MacLean from Edmonton AB. writes:
- in combination with a Rampage IV Extreme, it absolutely rocks, for gaming, video or anything your needs may be..
daddy always said there no substitute for horsepower
- simply put.... none
- while easily OC'd, i have run it at 4.3 Ghz and 4.7 Ghz with no stability issues. i have yet to come across anything requiring it to be ..
i would recommend this processor to anyone that is looking for something that will hold up to future advance's in hardware development
as far as pricing, this was the cheaper of my 2 options, the other being 3960 xtreme ed.
7/12/2012 8:57:45 AM
Juan Manigault from Calgary writes:
- Replace an Intel 1366 i7-950 cpu
Coupled with an ASUS x79 Sabretooth motherboard.
- Upgraded my system to support increased multi-tasking as I work with video presentations, databases and large spreadsheets, with a little game thrown in for fun. Great CPU! Fast and effective.
4/9/2012 7:12:16 PM
Sergey from Winnipeg writes:
- - Fastest CPU (almost identical to 3960X)
- Overclocks to ~4.6GHz and stable
- - No fan
- I bought this CPU primarily for gaming. A lot of people say it is overkill for games, and that you don't need that fast CPU with 6 cores for games, it is true, but only for now... You will need 6 core for future games. In 1-3 years there will be more complex and detailed games on the market that will use potential of all 6 or even 8 cores. This CPU is a good investment, that's why you pay $600 for it. Most people buy 2600K, but it will not last as long as 3930K for high-end gaming.
Clearly not a gaming CPU at this pricepoint..but it's not meant to be
12/30/2011 8:54:14 PM
Tim from Calgary writes:
- Anyone building a workstation computer will find plenty of CPU power here, with this being the ideal choice if CPU is your current bottleneck.
- Absolutely Overkill for the average user, who will gain nothing from this extra performance when compared to a more mainstream model.
But this is no average CPU! There really is a ridiculous amount of power here, but there are plenty of places to use it.
- You know if you need this CPU. If you're exclusively a gamer and web user, you don't.
Best uses for this CPU would include, for example:
High-end photo or music work
Scientific or other data rendering
Watching your friends drool
12/19/2011 2:31:08 PM
Georges Beaudoin from Calgary writes:
- Make no mistake, this is an extremely powerful CPU! The only program I was able to max it out on is Flight Simulator X at FULL graphics. It is is a multitasker's dream and is overkill for almost any other purpose.
- Price, and the fact that it is overkill for most programs, even if you run them all simultaneously.
- If you play Flight Simulator X, or if you use your computer for work and you work for NASA, get it. If you are just the average gamer, waste your money on a good video card instead.