5/24/2013 3:41:19 PM
Kent Caballero from Calgary SE writes:
- Increased speed from my old Seagate 1TB drive for both read and write speed and so my windows boot up takes less than a 2 minutes or even less than 1 minute on a good day. Had this for nearly half a year now, not a single problem. Could be passively cooled because it runs pretty cool. Smaller size than my old 1TB hard drive.
- I forgot to buy more :)
- I've had my old Seagate 1TB 7,200rpm 16MB cache for about 5+ years and never had once caused me any trouble. Still working today and now is a back up drive for the new one and also for media and game storage. I'ave had no complaints for Seagate before and I know I will put faith into their upcoming SSD with the same quality. So all in all you plug and power the drive, format and partition it, use it for you purpose and it works with no problem for a very long time.
5/15/2013 5:49:33 PM
M from Calgary writes:
- Fast, Cheap, relatively quiet.
- There appears to be no way to prevent drive spin-down. This behavior occurs regardless of Windows settings, firmware or BIOS settings.
Between 8:00 and 5:00 my HDD's will go through at least 36 spin-up/spin-down cycles. Considering my computer needs to be left on 24/7, I have no idea how often this happens in any given day.
I really wonder how long this HHD will last at this rate.
- Great drive, except when being used infrequently on a computer that is on 24/7.
I have two of these HDD's. Both drives show this behavior, and both were tested on two separate computers, with both computers having completely different hardware. I am skeptical this is related to my hardware.
Back to Seagate
5/3/2013 11:17:13 AM
Riley from Calgary writes:
- Past history with Seagate
- Old seagate drives cost me much frustration. WD did the same lately. Took a chance on these guys again and everything so far is great. Easy install and usage, no complaints.
4/3/2013 6:25:35 PM
King_Of_Codfish from Whitecourt writes:
- lots of storage and fast and not to expensive when on sale
- great drive will use again
Good HD Drive
3/15/2013 5:00:26 PM
Dan from Edmonton writes:
- Going from older seagate 7200 250Gig Drive to this one. Improved speed all round on my PC, Load times for everything has been improved.
- So far none that have come up. Plugged Drive in and no problems.
- Would reccomend this for good storage, decent speed and good price.
Easy transition and great price
2/6/2013 3:18:53 PM
Michael from Edmonton, AB writes:
- "Ghosted" the drive and booted fine and ran perfectly
FYI, on Tom's Hardware, this is the fastest 7200rpm Harddrive for both Read/Write speed tests
(The only one that tops this harddrive is the Western Digital 10,000 rpm)
- Great build, runs at low temperature around 25 Degrees Celsius (Rated with Defraggler Software)
6/3/2012 8:15:26 PM
Shelby Seib from Edmonton Alberta writes:
-Loads of storage
-Works great, has never BSOD in over a year.
-Costed way less back then
- -None (Cost now maybe, wasnt then though)
- Great HDD.
4/14/2012 2:03:30 PM
Cody from Edmonton Alberta writes:
- Non Yet
- Bought this HDD along with my new computer in January. So far I am very pleased, and will buy another 1 or 2 when I need to. I would recommend this HDD to anyone who is looking for performance with a less expensive HDD.
Simple as it gets
2/6/2012 9:15:14 PM
John from Warburg, AB writes:
- - Fast
- Very quiet
- Seagate Disk wizard
- -None as of yet
- My old 500GB Seagate 7200.11 hard drive was getting slow and full. I was worried about which hard drive to get and decided on the WD Caviar Black 7200rpm, but it was out of stock, so I bought the Barracuda 7200.12 Either one is good, just toss a coin. Seagate Disk WIzard worked flawlessly and copied everything from the old HD to the new HD. Easy Peasy, just read the parts of the manual that you which to do and follow the step by step. No 5/5, as nothing is perfect and will fail at some point.