Don't bother if you need actual parental controls
11/21/2013 7:04:40 PM
Henry from Winnipeg writes:
- works for basic internet
- parental controls are useless/ don't work
time zones don't work in last few firmware versions
internet time updates don't work in last few firmware versions
no basic traffic management tools
wireless N is very weak
- Basic internet worked for a while, then slowed a great deal. Firmware updates mostly fixed it recently.
I purchased this for some control over the kids and guest internet usage, which it has no ability to do. The "parental control" which is printed on the box is a MAC address time filter only, which doesn't work.
8/4/2013 3:58:10 PM
Scott from Calgary writes:
- Wireless N doesn't work - parental controls don't work
- Latest firmware .264 - wireless N doesn't work - parental controls don't work - don't bother with this thing if you want N or parental controls.
7/30/2013 9:51:12 PM
Anon from Calgary writes:
- -Dual band wireless
-Easy to setup
-Easy to flash with tomato
- -No gigabit, only 10/100
- This is an awesome router in all respects, but the lack of gigabit ethernet really isn't acceptable by today's standards.
This is probably good enough for the majority, but any power user will be held back.
2/22/2013 4:22:24 PM
Steve from Calgary writes:
- Easy set-up
Decent signal strength
- No USB
- good little router, but I wish I'd paid the extra for a couple of USB ports.