2/26/2015 8:01:49 PM
Jordan from Calgary writes:
- -Nice braided cables
-quiet not too noisy (can barely hear it over my mechanical keyboard)
- - short cables (only had issues with the 24 pin and 8 pin)
- 8 pin is so short it can't reach behind a motherboard tray of my antec gx700
- only get if you dont care for the 8 pin power and are on an extreme budget
Great PSU for not so much $$$
10/6/2014 9:19:04 PM
Josh from Edmonton writes:
- Long enough to run from the bottom of my huge beast of a case to the top. Nice and quiet, and plenty of juice.
- None so far. I've been running this baby for about 7 months now with heavy use.
- Great power supply for the money!
Failed in 3 months
11/18/2013 10:59:15 AM
Jason from London Ontario writes:
- Failed after 3 months.
RMA requires shipping to California on your dime.
Cable management is difficult.
- Stay away and stick to better brands like Corsair.
4/19/2013 10:35:54 AM
Kai from Wetaskiwin writes:
- Inexpensive for a 500 watt and it looks nice tricked out black.
- Cable management sucks and not custom plug-able because all the cable attachments are there but hard to manage if its all treed from the PS and gets tangled. It should be customizable for certain cable attachments when needed, be plug-able, and properly cable managed . Poor quality assurance when it comes down to if it works out of the box - it came DOA.
- I bought this power supply as an external source of power for my current power demanding video card and future peripheral cards without taxing my current PSU and prevent from damaging my computer in the long run. I did a paper clip test to see if it is DOA and it was. I exchanged it the next day for a Corsair plug-able PSU.
Great cheap PSU!
3/28/2013 10:25:52 PM
Jordan from Edmonton writes:
- Cheap, Reliable, Got all the cables you need!
- Not all cables are sleeved. Only 24 pin is.
- I used this and the 600w one for 2 of my friends gaming PC's and they are great! May not be the most pretty but it works.
Do Not Buy
1/13/2013 11:21:39 AM
Chris from Edmonton writes:
- Nice looking
- Terrible Cables
- The cables are a rats nest even though it says on the box that it's "Cable Management Optimized". The cables aren't sleeved. I've had it for two days and it's already extremely loud in my system that doesn't even have a graphics card.
Thermaltake TR2 500W Power Supply
3/20/2012 8:40:26 PM
Kent Caballero from Calgary SE writes:
- -Lots of connection option
-As the box said longer cable!
-Very easy for cable management even with my Zalman Z11 case!
-Very quiet and has flexible compatibility with 2 AC voltage (115V-230V)
-Very clean aesthetic, love the coated black finish fit's perfectly into my case
-Haven't had any problems with it yet and seems to be doing is job
- -For smaller cases the longer cables wouldn't be a very good fit but I would find it hard for anyone to buy a PSU like this for a small case!
-the SATA connectors were postioned weirdly because its plugged in upside which I found a bit of a hassle because I wanted to connect my DVD SATA and my HDD SATA connecter using only one cable but it wouldn't work out.
- Overall a very nice PSU, and works well. I haven't ran into any problems with it yet but the longer cables may cause a problem for smaller case but other than that its perfect for a mid-range performer graphics card and CPU! It's a well built PSU. Unfortunately the cables aren't sleeved but that's you paid for with the price for this PSU but worth the money! Its a good investment if your looking for a stable and mid-range PSU!