Exceptional Performance. Outstanding Value!
4/14/2013 1:03:16 PM
Peter from Canmore, AB writes:
- Very, very fast! Well priced. Corsair quality. SATA-III awesomeness.
- I own six of these drives. All are running PERFECTLY! All hard drives have Windows 7 Professional x64 installed on them and each drive (computer) is used every day... originally built in December 2012. I have had NO issues. 5/5 stars for Corsair quality, super fast performance and excellent value! All the haters posting up negative reviews either have bad power supplies, limited computer knowhow or low-quality, bottlenecked components.
Great ssd for the price
3/22/2013 6:15:42 AM
David from Edmonton writes:
- Fast and reliable, been running it for almost 1 yr now and no issues. 7.8 in WEI.
- None so far, except for having to tweak system settings to optimize performance
- Learned a lot about ssd system settings when I first installed this drive and only received a 5.9 WEI score. Found this site and and made a huge difference in performance: http://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/ssd-tweaks-to-increase-ssd-performance/ . On Corsair forms there is a thread for enabling AHCI mode if you are having bootup issues in Win7 :http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94426 . AHCI mode needs to be enabled to do any firmware updates also. Mine is running ver 5.03 now
Don't waste your time on Corsair SSDs!
11/2/2012 2:40:41 PM
Neil from Calgary writes:
- First 2 months it was working okay.
- Then it became inaccessible and died. The manufacturer said it happens to this product and he could do nothing. Got the two KINGSTON HyperXs for the ASUS and Gigabyte boards and they've been working excellent for the past 5 months.
Well worth the money
8/13/2012 4:10:14 PM
Mario from Calgary writes:
- At ~$1/GB these solid state drives are now worth the money they charge for them.
Fast speeds, no issues after 1.5 months of use.
- My case didn't allow for a standard installation; Had to modify the mounting spot slightly for the drive to be mounted in the 5.25" drive slot.
Windows boot not as fast as I would have expected.
- Windows boot is not as quick as I would like it to be but it could be due to my 3 year old MB and Core 2 Duo CPU. Nothing to complain about as it is still much faster than my old HDD.
Once in Windows, CS6 and all games load super fast, especially Photoshop. I have never seen Photoshop start up this fast on any system before.
With the rebate and instant savings on this particular drive, there's really no reason not to get this SSD.
5/25/2012 3:41:12 AM
Guest from Calgary writes:
- Seemed to work fine for the most part. Quiet as expected.
- The glitchy part is that file cutting and deleting does not always work or is delayed on Windows 7.
2/8/2012 12:02:56 PM
Terry from Calgary writes:
- Super fast boot time. I'm never waiting for my computer to do anything. Can't speak on gaming performance as I also bought a new GPU at the same time.
- Do your research, make sure this is compatible with your current system. For those who are experienced, you should know to find out compatibility issues before you buy. Since this issue is well known, I can't feel any sympathy. DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Also keep in mind, it's not just Corsair who has had issues with compatibility. I have a friend who bought an OCZ (best on the market at the time) and had to go through 3 firmwares before he was able to get it stable.
This one is best bang for the buck!
Fast drive but...
1/31/2012 4:07:45 PM
David from Edmonton writes:
- Nice and fast. No noise. 7.4 on the Win7 experience.
- You only get 111 Gb. usable space.
- Great drive if you have a newer system. Very fast boot-up.
Good until it stops....
1/29/2012 9:16:01 PM
ryley fuller from edmonton writes:
- fast when it works
- crashed after a months use BSOD luckily it was the one thing I bought IPR on. The downside is I'm stuck with the model.
- good until it stops
1/29/2012 2:19:13 AM
Gad from Calgary writes:
- extremely fast
easy to install
- Price for amount to storage
- Amazing to put your OS on and PC games, absolutely worth the price!
Perfect After Firmware Update
1/28/2012 10:55:25 AM
West from Vancouver writes:
- Awesome Speeds
- It was a bit bit of a downer when I first bought it with no firmware updates. I was getting freezes at random times, but after the update to 1.3.3. all the issues were gone and now it works perfectly like I expected it to.
- Corsair redeemed itself so I forgive them.
Just remember to update the firmware and everything will be smooth,
then you can go and brag about it in front of your mac and average PCers lol