4/19/2013 1:37:07 PM
Brantyn Gerik from Edmonton writes:
- not fully modular
- I've had this power supply since Christmas of 2012, and its been great. I honestly don't hear it at all and i've had absolutely no problems with it besides it not being fully modular. The non-modular cables included are enough to wire any basic system of 1 gpu, 2 hard drive and a disk drive + a few fans. The modular cables included with it would basically let me do another gpu, more drives and more bells and whistles.
all in all a great psu though i will be upgrading soon to have 2 680's
BRUTAL coil whine and fan noise , NOT modular , Scam rebate by Corsair
2/8/2012 6:26:06 PM
M. Junior from British Columbia writes:
- Good "fancy" packaging , powerful
- I'm really not sensitive as far as computer noise goes , but this power supply got some absolutely BRUTAL coil whine , and fan noise as well .
This is a well known issue with Corsair power supplies.
Corsair rebates are scam as well, so don't buy their products because of the rebate , and don't expect good customer service from them either , these people are rude and arrogant .
This PSU is not modular at all , 90% of the PSU cables are fixed and cannot be removed .
- If you have an extreme tolerance for noise , and can get this PSU below 100$ (PRE-SCAM REBATE) , then it will be an half decent purchase .
If you don't have a tolerance for a commercial aircraft engines noises coming out of your computer case , and pay the full retail price , you will make a terrible purchase and you will probably have to return it for refund .
I am not exaggerating about the noise at all , it is nasty indeed .
1/3/2012 3:33:11 AM
Stacy from Carberry , MB writes:
- Solid performer with a great price
- Woulda like to seen more modular connections
11/16/2011 7:07:14 PM
John from Edmonton writes:
- This 850W psu and modular it can power both my 6950 without much problems
I can add more video cards to as well as it doesn't cost as much as other 850W
wires are long and strong so cable management is good and you don't have to worry about something snapping.
Very good packaging.
cables to string onto case so easy for cable management
- no led which is negligible idk why i just like the way the GS800 led was made.
- Very good if you need a psu thats good and last long this is it 850W cheaper then most and has easy cable management.