DO NOT PURCHASE-NO SPARE PARTS AVALIABLE
6/8/2012 9:13:31 AM
Gary Kamermans from Edmonton writes:
- flies good, easy to use.
- NO SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE.
- DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT!! I BROKE A TAIL ROTOR AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ANOTHER TAIL ROTOR. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURE WITH MULTI PAL EMAILS AND NO RESPONSE. I HAVE CONTACTED THE SUPPLIER AND THEY CAN NOT GET SPARE PARTS. IF YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY, TO BUY THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO DO IT. WHY ANY ONE WOULD SELL AND CARRY SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHEN A PERSON CAN NOT GET SPARE PARTS IS BEYOND ME.
Fun, Fun and Fun!!!
11/28/2011 11:47:57 PM
Jonathan from Calgary writes:
- +Fun to play with when your small minded!
+Durable with Metal parts.
+Has flashing LED's To make it more enjoyable to fly.
+Fly's quite high!
+Very Easy to use.
+Comes with replacement blades for the main rotor.
- -The Controller requires 6 AA's...
-The Chopper lipo battery could last alot longer for it's size.(Meaning they could of used a higher mha for it)
-You have to charge it with the controller and AA batters
-No AC power adapter.
-No Radio Frequency.
-Requires Line of sight with Inferred.
-Took Forever to get one because they're popular and sell fast.
- It's a fun little desktop toy to fly inside and around the computer for when you need a break.
I'm sure you can get replacement parts for it from PM hobbies or off the internet if you break something as it's bound to happen with flying toys such as this one.
This is a really good starter helicopter for hobbyists like myself. And It uses Inferred line of sight for the controller.
All and All its fun to Play with Period!
Good for beginner, very fun to try.
5/14/2011 7:02:01 PM
Oscar from Calgary writes:
- - light weight aluminum frame structure
- balanced rotor
- cool lightings
- good infrared reception and control
- low price
- yaw calibration
- relatively easy to control
- relatively tough (the other reviews tell you its fragile, i'll tell ya this is far tougher relatively speaking as compared to some expensive hobby-grade RC helicopters; if you have no experience, you will break any helicopter)
- interchangeable parts
- - flight time, but without a heavier battery its light
- no pitch calibration
- Infrared thus not good near other infrared controlled devices
- Radio control has been a hobby to me, and I never liked infrared controlled stuff much, because they usually have poor signal reception, you have to point your controller at the vehicle you are trying to control sometimes. but this helicopter does a great job receiving signal from the controller.
Most helicopter are toys for under 40 bux, and they are usually made out of a large piece of foam body. But this one is actually constructed out of metal frame, its very similar to hobby-grade RC heli.
Short lived fun
4/17/2011 3:54:13 AM
Jack from Summerland, BC writes:
- Lots of fun, great value
- breaks easily
- Had lots of fun, for one flight with the first one. Burnt it out trying to recharge it somehow. Second one was a lot of fun until i got a few chips in the blades, then it wouldn't fly properly. Overall worth it for the $40 i paid i guess, but will look for another buy next time around. NOT for kids.
Not as tough as it looks
2/16/2011 6:13:27 AM
Richard from Saskatoon writes:
- Plastic rotor balance shafts are easy to break
Chinese manufacturer doesn't have any contact website for replacement parts
- This is not the toy you see cats playing with on Youtube. It is a delicate flying instrument. Make sure batteries are charged fully or it won't get higher than 4 feet off the ground. I am 32 years old and It was damaged after 10 minutes of use.