Great cooler at the right price
1/30/2012 10:02:13 PM
Spencer from Calgary writes:
- -Looks great with the "blue" scheme that some builders go for
-Solid construction, well designed product
-Compatible with a variety of chipsets, and works with AMD and Intel systems
-Thermal grease is high quality, works very well
-Not as big as you think(see cons)
- -A little bit large depending on your case(see final comments)
-Takes a little bit of time to install, but if you follow the directions carefully you will be fine
- I installed this this in an Antec 900 case over an i7 950 (overclocked to 3.7). It brought my temps down by about 10-15 degrees, and has variable speed depending on your processor load. I had to remove my side fan in my case because it protruded far out, but that is not a huge deal.
One last thing, this cooler has the option to be installed differently than intended, allowing it to blow upwards (towards the 200mm "Big Boy" fan on the Antec 900) which allows for a great wind tunnel.
Zalman 9900 Max
10/1/2011 2:46:53 PM
Justin from Edmonton writes:
- Looks great
Not a huge cooler, works with tall ram
- At 80$ there are much better CPU coolers
- i7 2600K idles at 25 degrees down from 40-45 with crappy stock cooler, 40-45 under full load down from 70-80 using OCCT, have yet to OC
Simple install but still made me cuss lots
Picked this up on sale for 40 $ (reg 79.99), for regular price you could get a much, much better cooler although not being bulky this should fit any configuration. All in all good unit, and loooks great in my antec 900 v3, and keeps my i7 at healthy temps
8/15/2011 10:19:27 PM
MG from Edmonton writes:
- Patrick doesn't know what he's talking about, this is a great cooler. I'm maxing out at 72C with my 2500K at 4.8GHz with Prime95. It's reasonably quiet and looks great in my case. I didn't need any Arctic Silver as it came with some decent thermal paste. Works great with tall memory.
- The install will try your patience. There are install videos kicking around which will help.
- Highly recommend for an air cooling solution. It is a tall cooler, make sure it will fit in your case.
7/8/2011 2:21:25 AM
Patrick from Edmonton writes:
- A Blue LED, Matches the Antec style cases.
- The Heat pipes don't conduct as well as they should the coating may be to blame.
The Heat pipes do not make direct contact on the cpu.
The Heat pipe loop might not really be working for sending the heat to the fan, it could very well loop back in some situations.
In some situations the faster you set the fan the less heat is removed.
Some models have less noise when the cover is removed.
Some models produce more noise with the cover.