CNPS12X's little brother
11/11/2013 6:07:15 PM
Serge from Calgary writes:
- Ran Prime95 for 4-hours on my overclocked Phenom II X6 1090T at 3.9ghz, looking at what the real time temperatures were, this heat sink did not let my processor rise above 41°C. Again this is under 99-100% load, for 4 hours.
(note I also have extremely well-optimized overall airflow in my case).
it idles at 18-20°C.
solid flat surface for maximum surface area & contact with the CPU.
Very easy to dust/clean.
- physically heavy, but a heat sink this size would be.
Tough to mount & install.
- Extremely impressed overall with this heat sink, it really is the triple-fan CNPS12X's little brother, and it definitely keeps my machine cool during any trials I've thrown at it, and heavy gaming sessions.
Got my friend to buy a red one, and he's seeing similar results as me on his FX-series.
Pain in the backside to install however.
7/9/2012 9:25:06 AM
Nicholas from Winnipeg, MB writes:
- - Very efficient cooler, noted a 15 degree drop in idle temp and approx 20 degrees when under load
- nice design
- very quiet
- none I have found so far
- Got this over the weekend after receiving a 70 degree high temp warning last week on my stock i7 processor. Haven't come close to my old temps since. Idles at 20 degrees now and hasn't gone above 50 degrees under heavy load.
Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler
4/21/2012 4:14:18 PM
Ev from Calgary writes:
- -Cool and quiet on normal setting
-Red LED is not to overpowering in the 500r case
-Great for $50 bux :)
-Idle went from 24C to 11C
-Full Load - 28 - 32
- None so far
- I'm running a stock AMD FX-8120