5/6/2013 2:34:30 PM
Liam from Calgary writes:
- 2ms response time, hdmi dmi and vga ports
- With its high refresh rate and 2ms response time, this monitor is a must for gamers. With sharp LED picture and amazing contrast it has a stunning picture.
You cannot get a better monitor for the quality, price and specs this one has.
Over all this is a high quality gaming monitor, that works extremely well and you will not be disappointed.
Excellent for the price
11/11/2012 12:47:27 PM
Michael from Calgary writes:
- excellent Contrast, 2ms response, HDMI,
- I find this monitor wobbly if the desk is not solid as a rock.
bezel too thick to make great dual, triple monitor setup
- Cannot beat this monitor based on its Price/Quality factor, excellent image LED rocks !
Glossy Bezel will attract all your finger prints when needing to adjust viewing angle. Lacks height adjustment but I just threw a big thick hard cover book under its and its perfect height now.
Good price, nice picture, but useless built-in speakers!
10/9/2012 11:25:52 PM
Part-time PC Gamer and Enthusiast from WINNIPEG, MB writes:
- Picture is nice. Deep blacks, nice vibrant colors, no image ghosting that I've noticed.
- Speakers are barely audible even with volume turned up all the way.
- Picture is good. Controls are easy to use. Has all the necessary inputs (DVI and HDMI). But be sure to buy computer speakers... cause the built-in ones on this monitor are complete garbage! On a side note, I should have spent the extra $$ and went with a 27".
Avoid this monitor unless you're not using high-contrast images
12/17/2011 8:32:27 PM
Christian Lagiewka from Winnipeg writes:
- Everything is great about the monitor except for ghosting (see weaknesses)
- When moving your mouse on a white background (or moving a window) a highlighted trail of the image follows the image. If you're scrolling quickly on a web page you can see the individual letters of the text trailing behind.
- I went through 6 of these monitors to find #7 that did not have any kind of bad pixels or sub-pixels (go IPR - very well worth it). Now after some serious use I discover the ghosting/high-contrast trailing issue. The staff at the Winnipeg location were very helpful (and patient with my "eletronics OCD" while finding a monitor without any panel defects. I am just disappointed in ASUS allowing a product with this kind of defect to be sold.
Bang for Buck
7/9/2011 10:06:04 PM
Param Lobana from Winnipeg writes:
- LED looks amazingly good, produces sharp colors and details, bright, the size is good, price is non negotiable, non glossy screen, no reflections, HDMI to connect a console, and audio output to output that audio to an external surround system, 3 year manufacture warranty
- Speakers could have been louder, but oh well, glossy frame, fingerprints can leave mark, no horizontal tilting, only vertical tilting.
- One of my best purchases, HD looks good, movies have better detail, Splendid button helps predefine certain picture quality profiles for gaming, movie, standard, etc. Must buy.
Best sub $200 monitor you can possibly buy.
5/6/2011 8:22:30 PM
Andrew from Calgary writes:
- HDMI Port
Perfect color straight out of the box
Response time incredible
Text is highly readable
- I don't have 2 of them.
- Buy this monitor. Stop deliberating. Seriously!
2/23/2011 12:59:16 PM
Tyler from Edmonton writes:
- Bright clear color on slow moving objects . Great for browsing and reading.
- Signifigant Ghosting on pre-sets can make it less with much tinkering . I'm returning it tomorrow.
- Okay if you are just looking for a monitor for surfing no games or anything.
VE247H Rocks for the bucks
2/22/2011 1:54:55 PM
Joel from Edmonton writes:
- Bang for buck, 24in for 164.99?
Good color and contrast
Has speakers (Sound of it is another story)
Fast response times
- Can't really think of anything i don't like about the monitor other than the speakers do no sound good at all. Sounds like i'm listening to my iPhone speakers.
- Overall the monitor looks great, has large viewing surface. The LED backlit gives somewhat even lighting however there is still some bleeding around the frame when viewing darker images. Fast response times, can't see any ghosting for fast videos and games. Very light compared to my old monitor samsung 2494, but a lot better in terms of the picture quality and color and contrast. Speakers? Can't really expect mauch from a 2w speaker. It's ok if you don't need quality sound, it does the job.
A good monitor
2/21/2011 9:19:47 AM
Sorin Bartos from Calgary writes:
- Nice wide screen and a very good buy for the money. Also a great image and design.
- The stand could be adjustable and wider to the base, but it is stable for sure. The menu is not the greatest, but it will make sense after you play a bit with it.
- I bought one of these since it's LED based LCD and I do not regret it. However, the first one I bought was deffective not displaying the image properly and it was not adjustable. It was actually displaying higher on the screen and it was going under the plastic case. Beware of dead pixels. The second monitor I got as exchange it's perfect. After it gets calibrated, it will perfectly work. I did not notice any ghosting, however chopping appears when objects move fast on the screen. A perfect buy!
Great Picture (DVI)
2/14/2011 8:53:24 AM
Shane P from Calgary writes:
- - great quality picture
- lots of inputs
- light and low power usage
- - HDMI kinda funky
- Pathetic Computer Speakers
- clunky menu controls
- Just don't expect any sound from the speakers. I wouldn't use the HDMI input. Other than that a great deal.