Pretty good overall, fast response with great picture quality
11/6/2015 1:39:32 AM
Mike K. from West Edmonton area writes:
- Fast response, good size for gaming with great picture clarity in my opinion. On screen display, I find is pretty straight forward. Runs cool unlike my older monitor plus more energy efficient. Has HDMI but I prefer DVI for the best refresh rate at 144hz compared to old 60hz set up. I think it was worth it for me to buy. Adjustable height as well.
- Speakers on the back is good enough for operating Windows but I wouldn't recommend it for gaming(true gamers use external speakers). It's good enough sound but no serious punch.
- For the price, you can't beat it! Bang for your buck but have other speaker set up, don't rely on this for music or gaming. M.E. hasn't let me down when ever they recommend a product and usually if it's garbage, they don't like to stock on it, but everyone has their own preferences when it comes to computer accessories.
6/4/2013 2:02:06 PM
Paul from Calgary writes:
- screen size
2ms response time
- wobbly stand
a bit thick
fingerprint magnet (back part)
- This screen is doing great for my gaming needs. I was a little worried about some reviewers getting dead pixels but my display was absolutely flawless. ME's price was higher than most so price matching will be your friend *wink
Good midrange monitors
5/7/2013 7:24:53 AM
Jordan from Calgary AB writes:
- Great screen and color
Lots of options in pop up menu
Fit and finish is perfect
Bleed is very minimal
Tons of connection options
- Speakers leave something to be desired
Had issues with dead/stuck pixels, had to take 2 back right away. The memory express salesman tested 4 more screens with me and out of the six we found 2 with no dead/stuck pixels.
- Bought 3 of these monitors for a triple display setup through a matrox triplehead2go connected to my m18x
Gaming and working in windows is amazing with 4 displays
5/28/2012 9:55:02 AM
Kris from Edmonton writes:
- - Size is great
- Using DVI for my PC and HDMI for my PS3
- After a recent scare with a different store and a different monitor brand, I was worried about faulty pixels out of the box. None here!
- Full 1080p
- - Sound from the built-in speakers. However, it's better than most other built-in speakers I've heard. Further to that, these speaker should not be your solution for sound anyway. It would be more for those that don't care about surround sound, etc., and just want to hear content on their computer without taking up too much desk/table space.
- I haven't found it yet, if it even exists, but I have different settings for HDMI and DVI. It would be nice to save them so I don't have to change it.
- The weaknesses aren't enough to knock this monitor. I was looking for a very specific monitor that I would be able to connect multiple devices to, but wouldn't compromise the viewing experience of using either device. This monitor was the solution.
Solid buy for the price
11/24/2011 6:06:29 PM
Ryan from Calgary writes:
- - fast response time with minimal overshoot (at 40%)
- acceptable colour reproduction
- adequate connections
- great viewing angles
- - excessive amount of light bleed at the bottom of the display, moderate amounts on the edges (I work with pro grade IPS monitors at work, so I really notice this)
- speakers are horrible
- built in colour profiles are bad (RGB isn't near calibrated)
automatic brightness adjustment is slow and distracting (turn it off)
- A solid purchase if you can get it on sale. If you're serious about colour reproduction or backlight bleedthrough, you will want to look elsewhere.
I'm very satisfied for this on my gaming rig.
Snappy Monitor with Bold Undertones!
11/20/2011 1:37:59 PM
P. Skingle from Canmore writes:
- - Asus 'quality' brand name.
- Thinner then previous generation Asus LCD monitors.
- Very low power consumption and virtually NO heat produced by this thing!
- Capability of being very bright or "just right".
- 2ms refresh rate.
- Excellent graphics.
- Fantastic menu options!
- - A little bit of light bleeding (just a tiny amount)
- Not inexpensive!
- Headphone jack is impossible to work with (well hidden)
- Built-in speakers are lacking. Tinny sounding!
- I purchased this monitor strictly for gaming using my PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360 w/ HDMI out. The 2ms response time is insane!! While gaming it really impresses. Fast redraw. You can't even tell the difference anymore between old CRT tubes, Plasma TV' and new monitors like this. I have owned nothing but Samsung LCD's in the past. While they are great, you really do pay extra for the "fancy name" price. Asus is fantastic! Try this monitor out. If you don't like it, return it. Simple.
10/9/2011 4:41:53 PM
Nicolas from Lethbridge, AB writes:
- -Very little light bleeding
- I did lots of research and this monitor is the best of the best when it comes to TN panels in this size
-sRGB mode is awesome
- -None so Far
- I got mine refurbed and it has been amazing since it came through the door.
Best price for size/preformance
10/1/2011 2:04:15 PM
Shay from Winnipeg writes:
Button layout/Power LED
- Speakers are not great quality
The stand could be a little more firm
Bezel is a fingerprint magnet
- Great cost for quality. Couldn't be happier with 2 of them. Colors need adjustment out of box and brightness - Having never owned an LED lcd I was amazed by the colors! Blows ANY LCD i've ever owned out of the water. Gaming/Movies/Etc look FANTASTIC! Huge display.
9/9/2011 5:33:01 PM
brandyn from canada writes:
- good sound form speekers
very low power consumption
great for video games/movies
simple to use/navogate
- non that i can finde very well bilt sterdy casy/stand
- by far the best bang for your buck
6/3/2011 2:55:27 PM
matthew from edmonton writes:
- -sturdy stand
-thin gloss black bezal
-picture in picture
-best price for a 27 inch led monitor
- -not as thin as other led monitors
-no stand hight ejustment
- if your not worred about how thin it is like some others then hands down the best bang for your buck