JMS551FwUpdateTool_v01(NST-D400S3) did NOT do the trick
9/17/2011 10:13:19 AM
Gordon McDowell from Calgary writes:
- Exactly what I want... unless someone comes out with a 3-bay or 4-bay dock for naked drives.
- I also had trouble with my Vantec NexStar Dual USB 3.0 dock disconnecting, but the firmware update (which installed successfully) didn't resolve the issue... it still disconnects (sometimes) when I'm copying files.
- Here's the firmware...
It checks to make sure you're not already updated, so I'd really recommend everyone with this dock try it.
Darn, I don't want to return this thing, it is exactly what I want. Obviously it works for other people (once their firmware is updated).
I've tried the BLAC-X 5G dock (single bay) and it DOES work reliably, so I guess I'm stuck with that.
Firmware update needed
1/9/2011 9:30:35 PM
Jaysin from Calgary writes:
- Does what it says.
- Just also wanted to point out that a firmware update was required before it would properly recognize hard drives.
- It's good so far.
Works great for me!
12/23/2010 1:23:46 PM
Derek Bisbing from Calgary writes:
- Problems when I first got it with the device crashing during larger transfers. A firmware update fixed this issue and I have not had any other problems.
It is not quite as cool to look at at the BlacX docks... if that matters ;-)
- I needed to start archiving off a lot of photographs and wanted to building a duplicate pair of drives for storing client work. I move the data to one drive then use data sync software to duplicate across to the second drive. I plan to fill up drives then store the drives in a safe spot in my office and send the 2nd drive off site somewhere.