A Perfect Case
12/26/2012 8:45:27 PM
Peter from Calgary writes:
- Everything. Looks very nice, has lots of space for hard drives (3.5" and 2.5"). Installing the motherboard was painless, even adding an additional fan took no time at all. This case works very well for me, and I don't see an upgrade coming any time soon, thanks to all the convenient features.
- Case panels and a few thumb screws were tight when I first got it. The first couple of times you open and change the case around, you will need a screw driver to assist you. It is kind of expected however..
Think about adding more fans to the case, as my the system ran hotter then when it was in a cheap case. I only added a single 120mm top, but plan on adding more.
- One word, perfect. No flaws, and being on sale for $60 I saw no reason why I would use another case. If you have the cash when it's not discounted, it's still a recommended buy.
Aurora FTC Gaming Case
11/30/2012 1:33:21 AM
Steve Paulette from Edmonton writes:
- Easy to set up, all parts included for ps, motherboard installation. Cable management is no problem either. You have a lot of options for cable placement. All drive installations are a tool less. Placement of the usb, esata and hdaudio on top, front of case is convenient and does not impede access to the 2.5"/3.5" docking bay behind them. Both the docking station and hot swap bays work well. Stock cooling works well for me and lots of options to increase cooling.
- Like another reviewer pointed out, the door to the hot swap bays needed to be handled with care.
- Excellent ease of use. Build quality is solid enough (note bay door isssue). Design enables user have flexible builds, lot of options, great for all swappable drive functions. Bought for $49.99 on Black Friday sale.
Decent case for the money, especially on sale!
11/24/2012 5:34:15 AM
Jamie from Calgary, AB writes:
- Sturdy design, all except hdd trays
Looks pretty decent
Good lengths on cables
Included (front/rear) fans SURPRISINGLY quiet, at cost of lower (but still adequate) CFM
Temperatures seem fine OC'd -- slightly cooler than old box case, primarily because of side and top vents.
Good length mobo area for longer cards = dual gtx460 fit just fine, cpu with hyper 212 on CPU.
Front hdd dock and dual hot swap bays a nice touch.
- No hinge, latch, or lock for side panels, must unscrew and slide.
Power/HDD led too bright (blue) - distracting if media machine.
HDD tray(s) very flimsy plastic - tight friction fit + screws.
Seems like poor airflow from front - mesh over mesh over mesh = very restricted flow.
Rubber grommets for cable management very floppy/fall out easily
Can't fit side fan over tall cooler - I have a cm hyper 212 and even a slim fan wouldn't fit in there.
Included screws low quality (soft metal strips easy)
- For the money, (paid 50 on sale) its a great case. The complaints are really unimportant functionally. Fact is, if you need a metal box to hold your goodies that looks decent and isn't impossible to install - this is a good contender. I can't comment on top radiator fit (yet) but I expect it will perform as expected with something like the coolermaster dual 120 radiator.
Good Case for the Money
11/5/2012 11:32:50 AM
Rob R from Edmonton, Alberta writes:
- This case is not overly flashy or distracting. I like the plain charcoal grey look as I think it gives it an industrial appearance. The two quick-swap drive bays on the bottom front are a fantastic feature as is the extra SATA drive port on the top of the case (which was the real selling feature for me). I also liked that it is very roomy inside and provides more than adequate ventilation.
- Case is somewhat light and flimsy which made it tricky to install parts without it sliding all over the desk or tipping over easily. However, once the components are in, the weight balances out. Power supply installs in the bottom to keep the unit from being top-heavy. I also almost broke the internal connections for the top SATA bay because they are flimsy, forcing me to use pressure to push on the power and data connectors. Press too hard and the connectors will snap off.
- This is a good case as a technician's PC. Not having to physically open the machine to pull hard drives is very handy. The top dock is also fantastic for data backups or quick drive formatting. Machine is well-ventilated and has a serious business look to it. Definitely recommended for the price.
8/19/2012 9:45:07 AM
Steven from Calgary writes:
- This case is great!
Tons of features and mostly tool-less installation makes everything easy to install. Inside there is a ton of space and plenty of maneuvering room. Wire management is very easy.
You get tons of airflow and the front 140mm fan is excellent.
Sleek design with an abundance of extra's including top mountable HDD, Usb 3.0 ports on top and 2 external HDD bays on the bottom.
The case itself is sturdy.
- There are only a few that I have found thus far:
- The hinge that opens up the external HDD bay is quite flimsy. If it is handled too roughly it will very easily snap off.
- The back 120mm fan is terrible. When I was working out my air flow I tested it to see if I wanted it pulling or pushing air into the case and either direction the airflow minimal. I replaced it and tossed it out.
- Great case for the money.
Minor corners have been cut in sturdiness and the back panel fan was pretty terrible.
Even with that all said the ease of installation, the look and design and features in this case more than outweigh those minor cons.
And if all that wasn't enough the price is just fantastic too!
Amazing Case - my favorite thus far
7/27/2012 1:59:00 AM
Michael from Alberta writes:
- Solid and well built
Tons of space
Sleek and modern looking with nice finishing touches
Top HDD Mount is a big plus
USB 3.0 ports on top
2 Hot Swappable drives are easy to use and work well
Lots of space for fans and cooling options
Top of case comes off for easy access
- None so far.
- I've had a few cases over the years, some of them good, others not so good. This case outshines them all in spades. It isn't a clunky made case that was thrown together one night. It is solid, well built and looks sleek and mean. The parts work smoothly and feel well built. You will NOT regret this case. And for the price it can't be beat.
7/25/2012 11:01:13 AM
Neal from Winnipeg writes:
- Many upgrade options. Case has a lot of room to work with. Stays cool.
- Very small build quality issues.
- This is a great case, especially for the price. Not all flashy with lights and whatnot, which i do personally prefer. Upgrades are fast and easy. Well recommended!
Case with Full of Features
6/25/2012 11:21:16 PM
Raymond from Markham ON writes:
- Full of Features: 2x USB 3.0 and eSata in front
top drive dock with Sata connector
2 hotswap bays with more drive bays inside
comes with 2 fans and more areas to add extra fans
- Quality may not be the best but it gets the job done.
Hope there's somekind of handle on top or side to easily carry the case when I'm moving it.
- I'm glad I bought this over other named brands. This case is underrated. All I need for a case is in this case. Well worth the money. Very happy with this case.
2/27/2012 11:22:40 PM
Tanner from Calgary writes:
- - Great airflow through this case, my mobo reads out at 22 degrees C when I game. (2 top exhaust fans + 1 200mm intake on side)
- USB 3 & eSATA on the front
- Top and 2 bottom hotswap HDD bays are fantastic
- Lots of room - easily fits a GTX 560 ti
- Love the tool-less installation for drives and such
- - Side 200mm fan mounts are a bit weird, tried 2 different 200mm fans and both did not line up fully, yet were different from eachother
- When a 200mm fan is used there is not a lot of room between the fan blades and the CPU cooler. Beware if you're using a taller air fan like zalman. (this is partly at fault of the cooler and not the case)
- Had this case for 3 months now, still love it. I highly recommend adding a cooler master 200mm fan, it mounts the easiest, looks great and really helps video cooling. I solved the mounting issue by just zip-tying the fan to the small holes so it was below the cpu cooler. Ghetto solution but it doesnt rattle at all and you couldnt even notice.
Nice piece of kit
12/13/2011 4:08:23 AM
Pete from Calgary writes:
- Roomy and easily accessible
Easy wiring management
Able to insert a spare sata drive (2.5 or 3.5) into the top for quick file transfer. Cool option!
- Extremely bright blue power light.
A bit heavy
- I love it. Tons of room, lots of cooling space and looks clean and stylishly understated. For the money, it is well, well worth it.