3/3/2014 4:05:49 PM
John Holmes from Edmonton writes:
- - No off switch (odd, im assuming it will burn out the power LED eventually, but if Kilpsch says it doesn't need one I will trust in them)
- Back pre-amp connector is untrustworthy :) its connected but doesnt feel like a solid connection, either way it works.... could be an issue down the road though.
- Great sounding THX certified speakers for a bargain price (imagine what a traditional amp and speakers combo would cost)
1/4/2014 8:31:02 PM
Tony from Winnipeg writes:
- -Incredible crystal clear sound
-Amazingly deep bass
-Price is very afforable ( when on sale )
- -No on/off button
-Din Cable doesn't seem very....reliable
- This is my first review on any product I have ever purchased. I had to give my input and recommend this sound system to the next person looking to get the best sound. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this system. It operates to its best and fullest capacity. This system makes my Logitech 5.1 look like some cheap Spencer gifts speakers. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS SYSTEM!! 5/5
12/24/2013 2:54:53 PM
Craig from Arborg writes:
- Great Sound
- One speaker is slightly louder than the other. It's hard to get a headphone jack to seat properly so you have to jiggle the cable to get sound in both ears. Sound leaks from the speakers when headphones are plugged in. When plugging a device into the input the cable also does not seat properly and sound will only come from one speaker.
- Will give a 3 because the sound is excellent but the workmanship is awful. I would never buy Klipsch again and I want to replace these. I bought the Logitech set for my wife's computer and I would definitely go with that over Klipsh. Everything works on them the way that it's supposed to and in my opinion the Logitech has a crisper sound.
Awesome speakers excellent value
11/23/2012 3:25:23 PM
plucky from calgary nw writes:
- Very nice well rounded speakers. Woofer has a lot of uumph. Over a decade ago Klipsch was not available in Canada and I remember having to buy a pair used from the USA for $280+. Amazing how a decade later Klipsch is still selling these. Picked up a couple, makes for great christmas gifts!
- No power button.
Klipsch fan is very impressed!
8/9/2012 10:05:16 AM
SSCradle from Spruce Grove, Alberta writes:
- Great Deep bass
Nice High tones
Crystal Clear Clarity
LOUD! VERY LOUD!
Sounds Fantastic on all levels
- No Off switch like others mentioned, but it probably wont be needing to be turned off often.
- I purchased this system with the Sound Blaster Recon3D together you can truly judge the system to its full potential, and it has great potential! One of the best things about this System is you get a non-airy sounding bass, as well as hear every note, that you might not have heard on another system. I have tested it on multiple music genres, games and movies. In which it has a great feel for each of these that you wont be disappointed in for sure! For 320$ you can have my exact sound set up!
Klipsh Pro Media 2.1
3/5/2012 11:13:17 PM
Iurie from Calgary writes:
- I use this one for 1,5 year. Works grate.
6/21/2011 1:14:22 PM
Ian from Calgary writes:
- - Powerful Bass
- Crisp Highs
- Good Mids
- Amazing sound
- THX Certified
- - No Power Switch
- For the price, these speakers beat some of the more expensive sets of 2.1 speakers on the computer market. I've had the Logitech Z-2300s and the Klipsch is better in both the highs and lows. The bass sounds tighter and the highs are cleaner on the Klipsch vs the Logitechs. I decided to buy these to replace my Rocksolid (A division of Bowers and Wilkins) Sound Monitors and amp setup I had before. I thought I would be missing out, but these speakers fail to disappoint.
Still Going Strong!
3/9/2011 1:49:45 AM
n3v3r1i6h7 from Edmonton writes:
- This product simply sounds amazing! Crystal clear highs n' deep lows on any volume setting. I too have purchased the 4.1 sys. and it's still going strong even after 9 yrs. of audio grub! Any setting provides the same clarity of sound but if the user maxes the volume, surround & bass dials, there will be low-end distortion...that applies to any speaker system obviously. Satellite's structure and sound are all the same w/ 2.1, 4.1 and 5.1 systems although Klipsch had upgraded the cabinets 4 yrs. after the 4.1 system's debut. There's also plenty of wire length to play with depending on the user's setup. As the other reviewer has stated, upgrading to 18-guage wire is possible thru Klipsch...this obviously makes a great difference in sound compared to the provided wires. Removable speaker covers, mountable on wall or simple stands are bonuses too.
- After approx 6 yrs. of use, when system is turned on, make sure the volume dial is completely off before adjusting the surround. Reason being, a person or group of people close by, may temporarily lose their hearing due to sudden high frequencies at max volume even if the vol. is slightly turned on. Do not adjust the surround. Also, as others have mentioned, these/any 2.1 or above systems must be plugged into a surge protector of sorts. Doing this will definitely prolong their lives.
- The 4.1 system was my first surround system I purchased. Three yrs. ago i bought the Logitech z5500 5.1 system and to compare clarity of the satellites, the Klipsch out-lasted the Logitech ten-fold and both are THX certified! The difference is that Klipsch's sat. have a tweeter + mid on each of their sats. and Logitech's are their 'combo' 2-in-1 which imho makes the high/mid freq. sounds, suffer...improper balance. However, the Logitech's sub is much deeper due to it's lower frequency range. Mind you, as an audiophile, I prefer clear clarity & low freq. balance compared to the over-powering lows w/ the hint of highs but that's just me. Any Klipsch sys. whether it's their towers, bookshelfs, or comp. speakers will definitetly guarantee rich sound and longevity, now and for the future!
12/7/2010 6:12:10 PM
Geofficus from Calgary writes:
- I bought the 4.1 ProMedia series almost seven years ago - the clarity and sound are reaaally good for the price - I paid $300 for my set which sold for $700 when they were introduced a year earlier...I upgraded the gauge and length of the wire so the satellites could be attached to a bimini top on a houseboat while keeping the sub under the control console...party time!!!!!
Another good feature is that the speakers bolt onto their little stands so you can adapt them to custom speaker stands o
- For some reason, the rears kept losing their surround capability, but I think it was just my PC at the time...
- Overall really good for the buck - I've heard new sounds on these that I couldn't with other speakers for the same price...
8/26/2010 1:02:27 AM
Fred G from North Edmonton writes:
- Thunderous bass, clarity
- I would say that these speakers are still the best 2.1 for under $500