Mine had corrupted date issue
4/3/2013 9:45:46 PM
jonathan from edmonton writes:
- I'm running a Samsung hmx-s10 camcorder. have had this card in it for several months and saved all my files before I left for a weekend trip, worked great till then. 1st day used the camcorder for one hour total.
- 2nd day after using it for several 5 minute videos . the camcorder kept saying card needs to be formatted, I finally gave up trying to make it work. when I got home I had to recover my files. only the pictures were recovered the videos didn't play after they got recovered, so i'm taking this back to get a new one as I got the extra warranty,
- I bought a new sandisk extreme 32GB, it waterproof, shock proof, temperature proof and x-ray proof, 30 dollar on sale at future shop, my replaced 32gb patriot card will be demoted for minor file storage or music files for my car stereo.
Low Price = Low Quality
5/5/2012 2:17:39 PM
Gary from Calgary writes:
- Works ok with my Canon/Sony/Panasonic cameras.
- I 1st bought this for my laptop so I can carry around my music collection on my laptop. My laptop has a solid state with on has 240 GB and 75 GB is free after all my files/programs. Anyways after playing 1 song it disconnects and constantly does it.
Tried to build a FreeNAS with this SD card running the (2) 1 TB Harddrives but it freezes and glitches. I know it only has a 10 Mb/s read and write speed but I’ve used 8 and 16 GB memory sticks and SD cards that worked great.
- If you want a high capcitiy SD for low cost this is it....not good for booting a OS or extra harddrive.
2/3/2012 2:23:50 AM
Ed Matthews from Calgary writes:
- Price, capacity, speed.
- I bought this card to use in the Canon T3i and it works great. I've taken close to 1500 pictures and at least 25 HD videos with this combo and have had no issues. I take the card in and out of the camera frequently to put pics/videso on my laptop and my wife's laptop.
I'll be looking to buy another one of these cards.
Own 4, couldn't be happier
1/8/2012 7:43:45 PM
LK from Edmonton writes:
- Works great in:
- My car (2011 VW GTI)
- Pentax K5
- Pentax K20
- Nikon J1
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon Coolpix
- Dell XPS15
Never had any reliability issues aside from one of the 16gb cards in my K5. My 4 32gb's have been bullet proof. Even put one through the laundry and I'm still using it to this day, did not even loose data! (lucky)
- Can be a bit slow, especially for video recording.
- I bought an 8 and a 16 a few years back due to the price. Being happy with them since I bought 4 more 32GB and 2 more 16GB's. only have had issues with one of the 16's. And even then the 16 only didn't like ONE of my cameras.
You get what you pay for...
11/26/2011 8:29:23 AM
Nelson from Edmonton writes:
- - Cheap
- Functional (if not a bit tempermental)
- - Doesn't always get detected by my Canon 60D, or my memory card reader
- Doesn't exactly inspire confidence
- Plastic case is HUGE (CF size)
- I knew what I was getting myself into. It pretty much functioned as planned (unreliably but reasonably)
6/16/2011 3:52:23 PM
Dean from Edmonton writes:
- Cheap, Big
- I bought this mainly based on the mail in rebate making it a good deal. Do not count on actually getting the rebate, I didn't. If there are any products that are comparable at the same price I'd just get that rather then put yourself though the hassle.
Affordable Good Class 10 SD card
6/16/2011 11:49:39 AM
Cham Jay from Calgary writes:
- -Fast read/Write
-Works Nikon CoolPix L120(TESTED)
USB 3.0 Required
5/22/2011 6:12:09 PM
Lewis S from Alberta writes:
- Class 10 Speed Card
- Unusual specification of SDHC card for USB 3.0. May cause problems with some equipment and/or equipment combinations. 'SD Association' require USB 3.0 for SDXC. They indicate an SDXC card can be wrecked for use in USB 3.0 after being formatted or used in a USB 2.0 device.
- Avoid use with USB 2.0 equipment or Computers and equipment that has not been updated to use USB 3.0
5/7/2011 2:24:40 PM
James from Calgary writes:
- Card completely died after being used a light amount. Can't be read by any computer I've tried and my camera just gives a "Card Error" message when it's inserted.
works great in my Sony TX10
4/24/2011 11:18:06 AM
tkmckay from Calgary writes:
- This card works great in my recently purchase Sony TX10 including all video quality modes up to and including the FX mode (Approx 24Mbps)
- Mail in rebate
- Great card and a size that would mean I won't be having to swap cards.