Not worth it
4/24/2012 4:02:01 PM
Tony from Calgary writes:
- Can't think of any except that it dsidn't cost much.
- Poor set up and very little if any change in my wireless range.
- I spent hours trying to get this to work with the help of D-Link support. Part of the issue was a conflict with the address the unit demands and a camera system I had but once we got that sorted out it still didn't work. At the end of 4 hours and 3 sessions with D-Link support they assured me the unit was working but I observed zero improvement in my wireless range and gave up. I bought a Lynksys RE1000 extender recently and it took 5 minutes to set up and works great.
3/12/2012 4:15:45 PM
Luke from Winnipeg writes:
- Easy to Setup
Good Signal Boost
- Not very good instructions for the different types of network setup
- This is a good product and I have used it in 3 different places with success. The first time I used it, I set it up to boost a pre-existing wireless network. It took a while to get it working properly, but once I got the hang of it, it was easy. Setting it up to create a wireless network where one did not exist was a breeze. So far, no complaints for performance.
Waste of money
12/2/2011 6:51:20 PM
Hagar from Edmonton writes:
- Good price
Appears to boost signal
- Doesn't do anything
- It connects fine and creates a stronger signal to connect to, but the performance doesn't change at all. The signal appears to be stronger but copying files across the wireless network locally or doing speedtest,.net tests show there is absolutely no speed increase whatsoever. If anything, it appears to be slower.
Like I said...waste of money.
9/22/2011 10:12:55 PM
JNH from Edmonton writes:
- Excelllent Wireless Access Point
- Tricky SetUp
- I bought this unit to connect my Ricoh MP 2000 PCL6 to my wireless network. The result is an effective working solution for a fraction f the cost of a wireless card.
Some reviews indicated the setup was tricky so I immediately connected with D-Link help and they walked me throught the steps.
We are completely satisfied with the working of DAP-1360.
Had it for 2 years now!
7/26/2011 7:23:42 PM
Martin from USA writes:
- Durability, reliability, fast, and had a very easy setup
- None other than no being able to keep my kids off the net! LOL!
- Overall I am happy with D-Link, I never thought I would buy one after having a router which stopped working on me for some reason. But this one was great, I checked out http://www.wirelessrangeextenderreviews.com and found that it was actually a great buy and found it refurbished which means I got an even better deal. No problems at all!
just didn't do much
7/2/2011 11:30:28 AM
Chris from Calgary writes:
- It's small and can be used wirelessly without need to run wires through the walls.
- Doesn't do much to boost weak signals. I set this up several times in different places and got little signal boost and it slowed my speed down considerably. I also noticed it wasn't consistent and would spike and dip.
- Over all I'm very disappointed in this repeater and will be bringing it back. If you are looking for a product ti strengthen your weak wifi signal, this isn't it.
10/25/2010 10:58:02 AM
Rob from St. Albert writes:
- - easy to setup
- form factor (smallish)
- takes wirelessG signal and send out an N
- weird setup, it has a hardcoded address so you cannot plug it in to your network and navigate to it. You have to change your adapter to take an address in the 192.168.0.xxx space. These extenders use a 192.168.0.50 address, not so much a weakness as it is a quirk.
- I am definately going to get more of these, since the next comparable product (WRE54G) is $40.00 than this unit it's a no brainer.