Update from 2013 review
9/19/2016 8:39:45 PM
Joe from Edmonton writes:
- Still Awesome
- I Have had 2 of these now for 3 years, still work perfectly, A few power outages here every year during the summer storm season(+ people hitting power poles :) ), they are on without so much as a flicker, even while gaming.
Would definitely buy them again If I needed to.
1/22/2016 4:59:17 PM
Paul from Calgary AB writes:
- I purchased 2 units and at 20% output one unit has 48% total harmonic distortion (THD) output and the other has 52% THD. I have worked in the industry for years and as a vendor service rep. we would void warranties when the THD was above 5%.
The tech support claimed I should be around 2% THD, I asked for his advise and have not heard back. If you plug in a desk lamp with a 40 watt light bulb you can see the light flickering, not stable. This is what goes to your computer and equipment.
- 1-The transfer time is slow from wall power to battery, twice the computers had problems.
2- The THD is very high 42-50% and should be in the specs. so you can see it before buying.
3- No published THD in manual provided, must find it for your self.
3- Tech support is slow to the point I could not return them to the store in time for refunds.
4- No software provided, must find it for your self, not mentioned in material provided.
Not happy with product, because of documentation issues
7/27/2015 4:10:32 PM
Ian from Red Deer writes:
- First Power Supply I received was DOA. Second one has now been working perfectly for over 6 months. Aside from the pain of replacing the first it is decent performance for the money when compared to APC.
- First DOA
- RMA through Memory Express was painless, just time consuming with shipping back and forth.
10/16/2013 6:32:17 PM
Damien from Calgary writes:
- Was a great price
- Exchanging it for a second time tonight, each time they fail to charge. I'm guessing it was a defective batch.
- Test it out right away, and run it for a week strait, to make sure you can return it if there are problems.
10/8/2013 11:07:30 PM
Angel from Calgary writes:
- good build, 900W, great price, work with VMWare
- This is my first UPS and so far it works as expected. I am using it to power VMWare ESXi server, FreeNAS server, LCD monitor, and 8-port Gigabit switch. The estimated run time on battery is 40 minutes which I think is pretty good. I was not sure if it will work with VMWare but it does check this link out on how to set it up. It shows a different model but it worked just fine for this one:
Cyberpower CP1500AVRLCD is a very good UPS
8/8/2013 6:53:47 AM
Dany from Quebec writes:
- Intelligent LCD Diagnostic Display
Automatic Voltage Regulation
Resettable Circuit Breaker
PowerPanel® Personal Edition
- only 4 Outlets Battery & Surge Protected
- I have one since 2 years and I love it ! I have plugged in my Plasma TV, my computer (PS1000w), my 5.1 sound system, my DNS-343 & my router N.
While at full charge, I can continue to check movies from my NAS usding my computer to my Plasmas TV with 5.1 sound for approx 4-5 minutes :D
At this price, it's a deal !
8/8/2013 6:23:12 AM
Joe from Edmonton writes:
- features,great reviews,size.
- none so far
- my old APC UPS died,so while researching a replacement,found this one to be one of the best out there,picked one up from ME on a price match($169.99) and have been very happy with it,so much so,It just came on sale ($139.99)and will be picking up another today.