Simple fix for overheating
2/6/2013 2:56:56 AM
Brandon from Calgary writes:
- For those complaining about this processor overheating, TURN OFF THE OVERCLOCKING IN THE BIOS. It comes overclocked out of the box. Disabling fixes it.
Good combo, overheating easily fixed
1/22/2013 1:52:19 AM
Brandon Ercole from Calgary writes:
- I too experienced crippling overheating problems, especially while gaming, until I discovered that the CPU was set to overclock straight out of the box. Once I turned it off in the BIOS, temps fell from a peak of 90°, which would crash the system, to a very manageable 30°-40° maximum, during extremely taxing video requirements.
I should point out that I don't use the stock CPU cooler. I use instead the Cooler Master
Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, also purchased from Memory Express.
11/14/2012 4:31:49 PM
Alain Dion from Quebec, CA writes:
- This mobo do not shutdown because overheating. If u read the log in windows event log you will see a generic failure and random reboot caused by the usb3 driver on the gigabyte website. They updated it now but the driver from may was beggued as hell and caused a lot of BSOD when a mouse or keyboard was plugged in the usb 3.0 port. Download the latest driver from etron @ http://station-drivers.com/page/etron.htm and load optimised default setting from the bios and you'll be fine.
Pleased with it so far...
10/24/2012 3:51:05 AM
James from Fort Saskatchewan writes:
- 8 Cores, woot!
Price is great. I got it for $250 (no rebates at that time in Sept..)
Hooray, a COM port! :) Too bad I have to find a insert for it...
- As previous reviewer mentioned, the 8120 instead of 8150.
- Got this back in Sept. for my birthday, but couldn't set up until now..works like a charm paired with 8GB (at the moment) Patriot VIPER RAM and an older NVIDIA 260GTX right now, upgrading to something else later...love the whole 8 cores, though.
Had an issue installling WIn7 via USB key (error message was that RAID drivers were not part of the Win7 installation disk), installed via DVD instead. Put DVD on SATA port 4 or 5 and set it to IDE mode, then installed ok. Not sure what issue was w/USB.
Avoid this combo
8/9/2012 2:02:46 AM
James Allen from Calgary, AB writes:
- The AMD FX chips run naturally hot and the heatsinks on this motherboard are not enough.
I was idling around 68C with no load, would get up to 80C before it shut itself off when gaming.
Did the BIOS update on the mobo hoping it would help, it didn't. This combo will overheat when gaming.
I upgrade CPU fan, still ran hot, to make the machine run stable I diisabled all "smart fan" options in the BIOs so fans always run at max capacity - I disabled 4 of the 8 cores and lowered my multiplier :(
Great, Really Great!
2/26/2012 11:28:00 PM
Robert Balk. from Calgary writes:
- Price and performance. Fantastic Gaming performance.
AMD 8120 CPU is enthusiast choice silicone for AMD O.C. users. Higher, faster and stronger.
Black PCB, If looks could kill!
Crossfire ready. a feature noticeably absent in all Intel z68 and p67 mobo.
- AMD 8120 CPU included and not AMD 8150 CPU. AMD 8120 CPU is marginally less a quality CPU than the AMD 8150 CPU. Been unable to sell AMD 8120 CPU online (kijiji) even at 40$ off thanks to this bundle. What gives!?!
- Nice Mobo. Very nice compatibility with my installed AMD 6950 GPU, revodrive SSD and AMD 1090T CPU.
Nvidia and Intel are the Monsanto's of the computer industry, so make your own choice.